Beloptik UV/IR visual first light

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
jetstream
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Beloptik UV/IR visual first light

Post by jetstream »

Well today I had 2 firsts-12.5mm Tak ortho and the UV/IR first lights.This filter was recommended to me and was ordered and delivered in a short time.Beloptik is great to deal with.So heres the deal-this filter did make a noticeable difference viewing the sun-the granulation popped out better,the faculae were excellent and the sun gave glimpses of a finely crackled surface.I can't believe the views that are coming using the 16mm Nagler and now the 12.5mm Tak ortho.I still don't know how this filter works as it is filtering outside the visual spectrum?Thanks for the recommendation for the Beloptik,it will come in handy when I give imaging a try as well... :D

Gerry
SW 120ED Pro,90mm Stellarvue
Baader Cool wedge, Quark Chrom
swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Beloptik UV/IR visual first light

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Gerry

great to read you are happy with it. It is not really filtering outside the vis spectrum but it is cutting of just a little bit lower then the baader UV/IR cut. We have a plot in the Lunt wedge thread

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
jetstream
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Beloptik UV/IR visual first light

Post by jetstream »

Thanks Walter,I will read that thread.I had some superb conditions today with views to match.Now trying to figure out what computer and programs would be good for image processing,guiding etc-complete newcomer here

Gerry
SW 120ED Pro,90mm Stellarvue
Baader Cool wedge, Quark Chrom