Solar camera question for you guys.

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
aboy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Solar camera question for you guys.

Post by aboy »

Hi guys.

I want to asking you about CCD cameras for solar.

I do have a DMK51 mono camera that make all my solar pictures with out a problem. But, it's just 12 fps and I'm looking for something more faster around 30 fps.

I'm current testing the Skyris 445m @ 30fps I do like the camera I mean the design it's awesome and all. But when I try to do the adjustments on firecapture always make me go crazy. I do really don't know why when I think the camera settings ( gamma, gain and exp. ) are good I find out that when I move the scope to go to another part of the sun evething got nuts... The settings are WAY OFF.

I don't know if any one here is using this camera and can give me a good advice how to prevent the problem that I have.

Also I want to know what is your thoughts about this camera:

http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/p ... dmk23u445/ DMK23u445.

I know many of you guys have point grey cameras but, those cameras are way off of my budget.

"I'm enough of an artist to draw freely on my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited; imagination encircles the world."

--Albert Einstein, October 26, 1929
------------------------------------------------------------

EQ:

Double stack 60mm Coronado ( pre-meade ) H-alpha filters with a 15 blocking filter.

DMK 51AU02 the imaging source Mono CCD camera.

Orion Short 2x Barlow.

Explore Scientific 102mm f/7 Air-Spaced Triplet ED Apochromatic Refractor Telescope.

Astrotelescope ( Planet Killer ) 102mm f/11 hand corrected doublet. Refractor Telescope.

Losmandy - G11 ( Gemini 1 )

FireCapture, AutoStakkert 2, PixInsight, Registack 6 and Photoshop CS 6.
Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Solar camera question for you guys.

Post by Valery »

aboy wrote:Hi guys.

I want to asking you about CCD cameras for solar.

I do have a DMK51 mono camera that make all my solar pictures with out a problem. But, it's just 12 fps and I'm looking for something more faster around 30 fps.

I'm current testing the Skyris 445m @ 30fps I do like the camera I mean the design it's awesome and all. But when I try to do the adjustments on firecapture always make me go crazy. I do really don't know why when I think the camera settings ( gamma, gain and exp. ) are good I find out that when I move the scope to go to another part of the sun evething got nuts... The settings are WAY OFF.

I don't know if any one here is using this camera and can give me a good advice how to prevent the problem that I have.

Also I want to know what is your thoughts about this camera:

http://www.theimagingsource.com/en_US/p ... dmk23u445/ DMK23u445.

I know many of you guys have point grey cameras but, those cameras are way off of my budget.
Sun disk is quite uneven in brightness and details contrast. In my imaging sessions I ALWAYS adjust brightness and sometime gamma depends of what and where I imaging.

So, this is normal. Don't worry.

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.