Best 12mm EP for PST?

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
Greg77
The Sun?
The Sun?

Best 12mm EP for PST?

Post by Greg77 »

Hi to all...!

I'm looking for "best" 12mm EP for my PST for everyday use. I have a set of XWs for night time observing, but I need one or two eyepieces for "PST-case". I have no specific candidate...Plossl, Paradigm, Vixen LV (SLV), Pentax XF or....?

...any suggestions?

Clear Skies!

Greg

Meade 5000 series 127mm/f7.5 APO + Vixen GP2 mount
Coronado PST DS 0.5A + SW AZ3 mount
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Best 12mm EP for PST?

Post by marktownley »

I really love the 15mm televue plossl with the 40mm f10 Ha scope, for me is just right. 12mm, i'd probably just go a plossl again, the TV if you want to spend a bit more, or maybe something like a GSO plossl if you don't want to spend as much.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
GUS
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by GUS »

What Mark said, the TV 15mm is a fine eyepiece, the 11mm is nice as well, but has shorter eye relief.Another option is a zoom eyepice (Lunt, Baader), lets you set the magnification to suit the seeing conditions.

highfnum

Post by highfnum »

i use an old meade 12mm ortho - it works just fine

JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Hi, There is an article on eyepieces for PST scopes on the "Ice in Space" website . go to equipment reviews eyepieces, by J. Wilkinson.

Andre444
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by Andre444 »

hi, my zoom got broken And i thoughti go buy 2 eyepieces this time. I thought that the 11mm tv plossl and a 20 mm vixen NPL would be a nice combination. I tested the vixen and iT came with no problems in focus. Then i tested 11 mm TV Plossl, focus all the way in both directions but still verry blurry fews! ( the seeing was not that bad 6.5 pointes) Maby iT will work in verry good seeing, but i dond have a good feeling about iT . Do someone have had the same experions with iT or maby know what could be wrong here? ( ooh i miss my zoom again and iT was cheeper!!) thanks!