pressure tuner issue

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
DSobserver
Almost There...
Almost There...

pressure tuner issue

Post by DSobserver »

hi friends

I've tried this week a lunt152 scope from a friend.

Nice pictures but they were an issue : it was loosing pressure within few seconds!

we unscrew, screw, unscrew...everytime the same issue!

have you ever face this?

Cometeer
The Sun?
The Sun?

Re: pressure tuner issue

Post by Cometeer »

This is a somewhat common problem with pressure tuners. See this thread. Usually the case is that the tuning system requires more grease on the threads or the o-rings need to be replaced. Call Lunt, they'll send you the replacement o-ring and grease. My club replaces the o-rings every few years on their LS100 because they deteriorate eventually.

In rare cases it might be a leak somewhere on the pressure component inside the scope. When replacing the o-rings and regreasing didn't fix the problem with my brand new scope, I sent it to Lunt. They replaced my scope and the new one is leak free. Before sending them the scope though, try replacing the o-rings first.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: pressure tuner issue

Post by marktownley »

Easy fix. I've mended a few like this.

At the end of the pressure tuner vessel unscrew the black facing cap. When this is removed you will see an Allen bolt, this sits on a rubber gasket. Tighten the bolt and the leak will stop.

Let us know how you get on.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!