Trying to find my way back

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
AstroED
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Trying to find my way back

Post by AstroED »

I have been gone from Astronomy for over a year now due to a Total hip replacement giving me fear of dropping my equipment then pure laziness, We have had a few good days off and on and I am starting to get the bug again.
Last year I bought a ZWO ASI290MM-COOL and have yet to take it out of the box, I want to pair it with my Explorer Scientific 80mm Carbon Fiber Triplet, iOptron CEM60, Daystar Quark Ha and Sodium D filters, and maybe my seldom used LUNT 80mm Ha single stack I will have to relearn everything but I have hope.

Does anyone have similar equipment with this camera that can share their images for me to see what to look forward too?
I was using and still have an ASI174MM (Non cooled) does anyone have BOTH that can share images to show the difference between the two cameras or Opinions on which is better and why?

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Trying to find my way back

Post by Montana »

Glad to hear you are OK and recovered and getting back to having fun in the Sun :hamster:
I am sure you will get some lovely pics to show us with this equipment :)

Alexandra