Recent Coronado SM90 quality & how much does a SM90 weigh?

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
moshc
The Sun?
The Sun?

Recent Coronado SM90 quality & how much does a SM90 weigh?

Post by moshc »

Does anyone have any experience with the quality of recent Coronado SM90 filters? I'm considering getting into a double stack SM90 at some point in the future for my scope and would be helpful to know of what to watch out for in recent production.

Also can someone let me know how much one SM90 weighs? I'd like to get an idea of how much a double stack weighs hanging off my scope.

Thanks!

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Recent Coronado SM90 quality & how much does a SM90 weigh?

Post by marktownley »

There's no one size fits all answer to this. Etalons are environmentally sensitive things, they have different properties dependent on barometric pressure and temperature, they may work perfectly in one geographical location but in another the same etalon my not come on band. The best thing you can do is try before you buy, or, if this is not possible have a no quibbles returns policy if you buy online.

Not sure on weight, they are heavier than they look though!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!