SSM settings

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
Grakrob778
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

SSM settings

Post by Grakrob778 »

Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could share what settings they use for Firecapture using the Airylab SSM?
It may be self explanatory but I don't understand it quite yet. I first used mine this past weekend and watched the readings. Should I delay the time to 1 second before triggering or keep at zero? I haven't had the time to play like I want with it so I figured I'd ask here. Thank you

Lunt 80Tha B1800, Lunt Ca2K B1200, Solar Spectrum RG18 0.3A, Skywatcher EvoStar 150, ASI 1600MM & 174MM
PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: SSM settings

Post by PDB »

Hi,

suppose you are using the plugin from Joachim Stehle. Have been using that for a while but have never used the delay. Good seeing is scarse so I always tried to keep as much good frames as possible.

I created my own monitor and plugin which is also free to use (https://github.com/paul-db/SolarMonitor/releases) It will work on Windows, Linux and Mac.

I usually balance capturing between two values. Al trigger value (in good seeing set around resolving limit of the scope) and a treshold a bit higher. Then I record everything in between those 2 values. (Setting number of frames to capture not to highn because solar events change quickly)

Regards,

Paul

None of my posts or images may be shared on Facebook, Twitter or any other social media other than SolarChat without permission.
Grakrob778
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Re: SSM settings

Post by Grakrob778 »

Thank you Paul. I will go that route. I will check into your plugin as well. Many thanks. Graham

Lunt 80Tha B1800, Lunt Ca2K B1200, Solar Spectrum RG18 0.3A, Skywatcher EvoStar 150, ASI 1600MM & 174MM