Unpowered Quark

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
astro_al
The Sun?
The Sun?

Re: Unpowered Quark

Post by astro_al »

_Zakalwe wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:31 am You would hope that Daystar would have gotten a grip on their QC by now. They clearly must do the minimum of quality testing on these devices before they ship them.
Bandwidth variance I understand at this price point, but having half of the FoV not working is ridiculous.
Maybe keeping the price below £1000 is useful for marketing but I would personally pay a bit more if it covered the QC.

Daystar are clear that there is bandwidth variance so I knew this before purchasing. As a first time Ha observer I don't have the experience to pick out whereabouts within that variance my Quark sits so this is not that important to me. What is important to me is:
  • The unit should typically require power to come on band.
  • The bandwidth should be consistent over the entire FOV, or at least the vast majority of it.
  • The unit should have a setting that provides the best view. In an ideal world not at +-5 but that might be pushing it :)