Which camera ?

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
alessbonsai
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Which camera ?

Post by alessbonsai »

Hello friends
In a few days I will receive the TS 102/1100 ED, I have two cameras, the asi120mm and one asi1600, but I use them (little) for deepsky.
Which camera do you recommend for this refractor?
To use it mainly for planets and sun, with barlow, for now only 2x
In the future I will modify it with the pst_mod and when I get rich I will mount a daystar
I'm very confused

Thanks

rsfoto
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Which camera ?

Post by rsfoto »

Hi,

I would say you can use both but I see an advantage with the ASI 1600MM Pro as you can cool it and in regard to FOV you have more possibilities and the camera with different ROI is also quite speedy.

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°
RKBerta
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Which camera ?

Post by RKBerta »

A new planetary camera from QSI looks interesting but don't know if it would be a good choice for solar (both DayStar Quark equiped scope and 60mm Ha Coronado filters on 80mm APO refractor).

The cameras is a QHY 5-III462 single shot color which also shoots IR mono. Very high frame rate with high sensitivity and tiny pixel size.

I know that mono cameras have advantages for solar (what I have now) but this looks very interesting.

It looks like the sun finally is going to get more active so have been putting off getting a new camera to avoid buyers remorse if I get one too soon and it is quickly bypassed with a better/cheaper camera.

80mm f6 Officina Stellare APO triplet, 152mm Officina Stellare f8 APO triplet, TV 85mm f7 ED APO, 8" SCT HD, 11" SCT.
Astro Physics 900 and 1100 mounts, Ioptron MINI Tower Pro ALT/AZ mount, ZWO AM5 mount,
Lunt 60mm Ha single stack, Coronado 60mm Ha single stack with BF 30
Day Star Quark Chromosphere
Player One Neptune mono with 178 chip, 256mm DDR, tilt plane for solar imaging
ASI 071 Pro cooled color for DS imaging
ATIK 490 EX OSC for DS imaging
SBIG STL 6303e mono with RGBL and Ha, SII, OIII filters for DS imaging
ASI AIR Plus

JPL/NASA Solar System Ambassador
Michigan Scout observatory manager