150mm F/15 + aries safix + 1 angstrom CaK filter

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
TheSkyBurner
Almost There...
Almost There...

150mm F/15 + aries safix + 1 angstrom CaK filter

Post by TheSkyBurner » Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:25 pm

*no longer available for purchase*

hate to do this but here it is.

Someone tried to commit suicide by throwing themselves under my car on july 4th weekend, and it has essentially broke me psychologically causing me to withdraw from all my hobbies. I have since been sent to PTSD therapy with train conductors, because some accidents just cannot be prevented. Hitting a human being with a 2000lb object is one of the most traumatic things that can occur.

As a result of my psycho-trauma, I am liquidating things as a coping mechanism. I will likely never feel like "myself" again, and will lose interest in more things further down the road as a result.

This is going to be a listing for essentially a "research grade" quality optical system. It is not for the light of heart, and intended for serious imagers.

The first part of the package is an Istar optical Perseus 150mm F/15 (150mm x 2250mm) telescope. It is pretty much brand new. It is still wrapped in its factory plastic and has only been takin out of its box to examine. It is the entire telescope, and they are not manufactured anymore. The optical tube is magnesium and was imported from europe. It includes the istar cnc machined tube rings.
This telescope including the rings $2000 when purchased, and It has a Strehl ratio of .95. This makes it outperform most Apo telescopes cannot.

The second item is an Aries Safix. Brand new, still factory sealed since the day it was given to me. It was purchased to use on the perseus to enable the absolute highest possible strehl ratio an amateur can attain. IT comes complete with the last F/15 Safix extension ever made. The Safix is also not manufactured anymore, and is probably one of the rarest components a collector can attain. It was purchased directly from Valery. for nearly $2000
Perseus + SAFIX will provide images equal to that of a $15,000 astrophysics scope.

The third item is the only 1.6 angstrom single element ultra high transmission calcium filter ever manufactured. It is manufactured by Chroma using the highest standards for astro grade optics, exclusively for Apollo Lasky. They are not sold anywhere else on this earth, and this is likely the only one ever to be made. It is still factory sealed. This filter was $1300
1 angstrom 393.4.jpg
1 angstrom 393.4.jpg (18.63 KiB) Viewed 344 times

Because of the size of the perseus telescope I am essentially serving this as a "pick up" sale, because it would likely cost $400 to ship somewhere in the usa and more than 1000$ to ship it over the ocean. ( I WILL attempt shipping usa it since it was shipped to me, and I love a good challenge)

I may also consider delivering myself it If the price is right.

If you have a Aries full size 160mm multiband erf filter than this is a dream assembly ready for you to capture the best CaK images in the world.

I will post pictures as I have time. But I will not break any of the factory seals.

Make Me an Offer, we all know this hobby is not cheap and in the imaging world quality is definitely determined by the price you pay.

Please do not post any negative comments here about "images proof of performance" etc . We are all grown-ups, and positive support is all that I encourage.

I am not a vendor, I am not a reseller. I am just like you, someone who entered this hobby with the desire of capturing world class images of the sun with narrow band filters..
1 angstrom calcium filter invoice.jpg
1 angstrom calcium filter invoice.jpg (164.95 KiB) Viewed 344 times
Last edited by TheSkyBurner on Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

TheSkyBurner
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: 150mm F/15 + aries safix + 1 angstrom CaK filter

Post by TheSkyBurner » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:18 pm

Had to edit out some lable data,
will repost soon1
Last edited by TheSkyBurner on Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Sorry to hear this, good luck with the sale.
http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!

TheSkyBurner
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TheSkyBurner » Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:47 pm

marktownley wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:12 pm
Sorry to hear this, good luck with the sale.
Thanks Mark, I will probably end up donating it to a middle school. This is not an average Joe setup and although the desire to have this stuff is great, this package will likely have zero interest outside of the OOO's and Ahhhs of wonders, wishes and dreams

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:01 am

Is the CaK filter still for sale?
http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!