PST Mod Parts

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
gbealnz
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

PST Mod Parts

Post by gbealnz »

I tried it, and while it worked, I am headed back to a dedicated setup. If you are thinking to try this, these parts will save you the headache of sourcing them elsewhere. I'd rather sell the whole lot as a job lot. Contact me at the address below. If you want a picture, just ask, but the parts are similar to any others, the M50 fittings were custom made for me, and fit extremely well.

Parts include:

Etalon from PST. It seems all complete, but it is not pristine. The "screw" that fits between the rubber covered ring and the etalon (to tune the etalon) is not there. For my "testing" I simply rotated the etalon assembly with a pin.

Blocking filter, again looks like from the PST, I think it is a BF5, but am not certain.

Fittings to attach the etalon assembly to a 2" focuser, and attach to the rear of the etalon, to give a standard T thread fitting.

Borg helical focuser, 1.25".

Gary
g.beal (at) xnet.co.nz

gbealnz
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: PST Mod Parts

Post by gbealnz »

A couple have asked for a picture, so I'll add it here as well.

Front left to right.
M44 - M50 fitting. I used this too attach the etalon to the rear of a Zeiss refractor. It will be of little use to anyone, unless they have a Zeiss of course.
2" to M50 fitting. This is the part most will want.
M50 to T thread fitting. Fits the rear of the etalon, and allows a T thread for a multitude of uses, I went this way so I could use T extensions etc to gain back focus etc.
T thread to M36.4x1. Used this to accept the Borg #7315 helical.

At rear.
PST etalon, ugly, but the glass looks good. Screw/pin from the tuning ring to the etalon inside is missing.
Blocking filter from the PST, looks like a BF5, but I could be wrong.
Borg helical #7315.

Gary

gbealnz
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: PST Mod Parts

Post by gbealnz »

Most of this is now sold, with it surely in or very close to being the hands of the new owner. All that remains is the Borg helical focuser and custom fitting to attach the Borg to a T thread.
Gary