Test Message, thx Montana

I maintain this forum in my free time. The entire purpose of it is to allow you to share your love for solar astronomy. If there is ANYTHING I can do to enhance the forum to better suit your needs, please let me know in this forum.
Post Reply
User avatar
Tardigrade
The Sun?
The Sun?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 8 times

Test Message, thx Montana

Post by Tardigrade » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Newbie here having trouble posting, thes is a test
Last edited by Tardigrade on Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.


Tardigrade

User avatar
Montana
Librarian
Librarian
Posts: 24315
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK
Has thanked: 2885 times
Been thanked: 1094 times

Re: Test Message

Post by Montana » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:57 pm

A very warm and sunny welcome, is there anything we can help you with?

Alexandra



User avatar
Tardigrade
The Sun?
The Sun?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 8 times

Re: Test Message

Post by Tardigrade » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 am

Thx Montana,

Met Mark and Stephen as a Panelist on AstroRadio.Earth a couple of weeks ago, just getting into Solar but after hearing about how Mark got into solar observing I get it. I am a Slooh.com remote imaging user and Ambassador, and a member of the Milwaukee Astronomical Society;

http://milwaukeeastro.org http://milwaukeeastro.org/observatories ... vatory.asp

At this time as I am starting to dig into the knowledge base here just wondering if there is a "Mark All As Read" feature to set my self a new baseline.


Tardigrade

User avatar
Montana
Librarian
Librarian
Posts: 24315
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK
Has thanked: 2885 times
Been thanked: 1094 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by Montana » Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:01 pm

No problem, always happy to help. Yes there is a button on the main index page
Mark all as read.PNG
Mark all as read.PNG (412.08 KiB) Viewed 705 times
Have fun :)
Alexandra



User avatar
Tardigrade
The Sun?
The Sun?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 8 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by Tardigrade » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 pm

Montana,

Thx again, the only other question I have at this time is if there is an explanation of the Chat icons to the left of the messages,

Thank you again.


Tardigrade

User avatar
Montana
Librarian
Librarian
Posts: 24315
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm
Location: Cheshire, UK
Has thanked: 2885 times
Been thanked: 1094 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by Montana » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:02 pm

I'm guessing as to what you mean, do you mean the round circles to the left of each message or forum if on the index page? If so, they are red if you haven't read them and there is a new message, white if read. If they have a star on them it means you have once replied to that message. If it is red then click on the round circle and it will take you to the unread part of the message. If you click on the actual topic writing you will always go back to the beginning. Does that make any sense :lol: I hope so, it sounds like gobbledy gook :lol:

Alexandra



User avatar
rsfoto
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Posts: 3260
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm
Location: San Luis Potosi, México
Has thanked: 1915 times
Been thanked: 1404 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by rsfoto » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Tardigrade wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:37 pm
Montana,

Thx again, the only other question I have at this time is if there is an explanation of the Chat icons to the left of the messages,

Thank you again.
Hi Tardigrade,

If I am new to a program I just click everywhere and see what happens :o :o :o

That is the best way to learn :lol: :lol: :lol:

Everywhere where your mouse turns from an arrow to a pointing finger there is an action which you can trigger by clicking there ...


regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14 San Luis Potosi Mexico

User avatar
Tardigrade
The Sun?
The Sun?
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:26 pm
Has thanked: 8 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by Tardigrade » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm

I guess what I was wondering about was the type of icon, paragraph, flame, I, etc. and small emoji add ins?

Thx again for your time


Tardigrade

User avatar
rsfoto
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Posts: 3260
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:30 pm
Location: San Luis Potosi, México
Has thanked: 1915 times
Been thanked: 1404 times

Re: Test Message, thx Montana

Post by rsfoto » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 pm

Tardigrade wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:08 pm
I guess what I was wondering about was the type of icon, paragraph, flame, I, etc. and small emoji add ins?

Thx again for your time
If a message has 9 answers or more, the icon turns from " lines in a circle " to " flame in a circle " and the little icon on the left bottom is user defined when he writes his message.


regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14 San Luis Potosi Mexico

User avatar
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian
Posts: 29794
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 pm
Location: Brierley Hills, UK
Has thanked: 2879 times
Been thanked: 1162 times
Contact:

Re: Test Message

Post by marktownley » Mon Nov 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Tardigrade wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:28 am
Thx Montana,

Met Mark and Stephen as a Panelist on AstroRadio.Earth a couple of weeks ago, just getting into Solar but after hearing about how Mark got into solar observing I get it. I am a Slooh.com remote imaging user and Ambassador, and a member of the Milwaukee Astronomical Society;

http://milwaukeeastro.org http://milwaukeeastro.org/observatories ... vatory.asp

At this time as I am starting to dig into the knowledge base here just wondering if there is a "Mark All As Read" feature to set my self a new baseline.
Nice to meet you there too! :)


Image
http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!

Post Reply