Solar Astrophotography?

I maintain this forum in my free time. The entire purpose of it is to allow you to share your love for solar astronomy. If there is ANYTHING I can do to enhance the forum to better suit your needs, please let me know in this forum.
colinsk
Almost There...
Almost There...

Solar Astrophotography?

Post by colinsk » Wed May 23, 2012 3:35 am

I was wondering if I could request a section for solar astrophotography? Perhaps this is covered in the Solar Chat section but I find I am intimitaded by the amount of processing involved in getting a solar image and would like a place to ask questions.

:bow:
Thank you, Here are some references I have collected.

Etalon Article Part I

Etalon Article Part II

Solar Patents of interest

swingin
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Solar Astrophotography?

Post by swingin » Wed May 23, 2012 4:45 pm

I was wondering if I could request a section for solar astrophotography? Perhaps this is covered in the Solar Chat section but I find I am intimitaded by the amount of processing involved in getting a solar image and would like a place to ask questions.

:bow:

I believe you just started the thread, so go ahead and ask away, I'm sure that trouble maker, Mr Ramsden will move it if necessary, :whistle: Be sure to check the reference library as it can answer some of the questions.
don@solarastronomy.org

Solarmax II 90

Celestron CG-5GT EQ

IC Capture

Registax6

AutoStakkert

AviStack2

Gimp

Don

colinsk
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: Solar Astrophotography?

Post by colinsk » Wed May 23, 2012 9:51 pm

That was not my thread actually but I think I would have questions. I have only run 3 videos and have a LS60DS and a DMK. I guess I should run some more tries.
Thank you, Here are some references I have collected.

Etalon Article Part I

Etalon Article Part II

Solar Patents of interest