The Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project is proudly sponsored by the following fine companies:
ImageImageImageImage
Solar Analemma. This outstanding image from Alexandra Hart taken over a period of 4 years charts the midday position of the sun in the sky throughout the year. The north–south component of the analemma results from the change in the Sun's declination due to the tilt of Earth's axis of rotation. The east–west component results from the nonuniform rate of change of the Sun's right ascension, governed by combined effects of Earth's axial tilt and orbital eccentricity.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and looking forward to a great solar cycle 25!

Welcome to Solar Chat! The best forum for Solar Astronomy
Moving forward from solar cycle 24 to 25

Eyepiece Magnification / Telescope Focal Length Calculator Spreadsheet

The place for all your solar software; capture, stacking, post processing, ancillaries etc. It's all up for discussion here!
skyhawk
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Eyepiece Magnification / Telescope Focal Length Calculator Spreadsheet

Post by skyhawk » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:05 am

I did this for my observing I find it rather useful, its on spreadsheet so if anyone wants a copy let me know
Attachments
s.jpg
s.jpg (251.7 KiB) Viewed 865 times
Just for info, if I ever come over as "blunt" or upset it is not intentional, I am AUTISTIC, I have Aspergers, and ADHD, Autism, so my apologies if I ever sound, unintentionally confrontational. Thank you

Esprit 120mm triplet refractor
Celestron Evolution Edge HD 8"
72mm Ed Skywatcher for Solar

SkyTee 2
Sky-Watcher SolarQuest
Gitzo Systematic Series 5

ASI 178MM
Daystar Quark Ha
WO Binoviewers
Many eyepieces 2"

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Eyepiece Magnification / Telescope Focal Length Calculator Spreadsheet

Post by marktownley » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks Jeremy. Interesting to see the magnification the eyepieces are on my different scopes.
http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!