Stephen?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Bill E.

Stephen?

Post by Bill E. »

Stephen, could you elaborate a bit about the workshop you are giving in April. Is this for beginners, intermediate, or advanced solar imaging?
Do you know what day you are giving it?
Are you required to bring anything with you?
I know you have to preregister for workshop. Does that just involves sending Alan an e-mail?
Any information you could give us on this would be helpful.
Thank you, Bill

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Stephen?

Post by solarchat »

Bill,
Its always a fluid situation at NEAF due to weather and whatever else comes up. My plan is to have 8 scopes setup, all Halpha's double stacked and all 90mm or larger and a big CaK and White light scope also. I plan on having PGR/DMK/DSLR/Lunt Solar Imagers/ and whatever other camera platform I can find before then setup for people to use in imaging.

I have purchased logo-ed USB drive Pen combos to give to everyone so they can save their avi's/images of off my computers/cameras to practice.

There will be an introductory lecture of about 15 minutes and then everyone will go outside and image until their hearts content. I will provide one on one imaging help to everyone who wants it so that it can be tailored for the individuals skill level. Hopefully I will be getting schooled by some of you too. I expect about 30 people so everyone should get at least 10 minutes of highly personalized attention.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
Bill E.

Re: Stephen?

Post by Bill E. »