Problems with LUNT LS60 pressure tunner

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Pedro

Problems with LUNT LS60 pressure tunner

Post by Pedro »

I recently bought a LUNT LS60 with a pressure tuner and when the etalon reaches phase (by turning the tuner) it loses the details (phase) in less than a minute. It seems that the pressure is not maintained in the interior etalon. I tried to clean the O-rings and remove the excess grease (just a little) but the problem is still there. Once I unscrew the pressure tuner and try again it comes to phase, but it is not maintained. According to Markus Ludes(APM)the etalon housing is sealed both sides with silicon and it seems to be leaking. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I am sending the LUNT LS60 to be repaired (Germany Lunt assistance).

best

Bill E.

Re: Problems with LUNT LS60 pressure tunner

Post by Bill E. »

Pedro,I had the same problem with my LS80 after about 4 months of use.When I talked to Rikki at lunt she wanted to send me new seals. I looked at seals and they looked fine so I wanted to send scope back to get fixed .After 3 weeks I got scope back from lunt.On repair slip it said "replaced seals" I also notice it now threads on very easy. :)

Pedro

Re: Problems with LUNT LS60 pressure tunner

Post by Pedro »

Hi Bill:

Thanks for your post. I hope to get it fixed soon. It seems that it is easy to replace the seals. I am not doing it myself, instead I am sendig the scope to be repaired (still under warranty).

best