2403 15-08-24 from sf

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
rxdeath
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

2403 15-08-24 from sf

Post by rxdeath »

today was kind of deceiving, although it was clear and cloudless, there was a bit of haze in the air, however the turbulence was HORRIBLE. i was thinking about trying to drag my stuff down to the ocean and take pictures that are 'over water' instead of 'over land' to relieve it, but sadly my setup is too big to fit in a car easily.

i'm not sure if i'm happy with today as far as pictures go, but i did learn a lot, as well as getting out my stellarvue 90 and lunt herschel wedge. i also have seen a lot of people lately use scts for white light shots, is this ok with an 11edgehd? i have a 1000oaks erf, so maybe tomorrow i can use that for insane wl closeups, i just thought i remember reading this is dangerous to the scope unless it's a refractor.

a concern i have is old newtons rings, i haven't really noticed them before with this camera, but today they are pretty bad. are people taking out the window or using tilters, or what is the best option to get this not to happen?

i also took my first shot at stitching together a full disc image of high resolution, it's not really that good, but i'm ok with it for a first attempt it's 16 panes.

as always comments welcome, but constructive criticism is appreciated more. also as always, anyone wanting my videos or raw images, i'll happily give in exchange for your processing technique you use to create any images from.today was kind of deceiving, although it was clear and cloudless, there was a bit of haze in the air, however the turbulence was HORRIBLE. i was thinking about trying to drag my stuff down to the ocean and take pictures that are 'over water' instead of 'over land' to relieve it, but sadly my setup is too big to fit in a car easily.

i'm not sure if i'm happy with today as far as pictures go, but i did learn a lot, as well as getting out my stellarvue 90 and lunt herschel wedge. i also have seen a lot of people lately use scts for white light shots, is this ok with an 11edgehd? i have a 1000oaks erf, so maybe tomorrow i can use that for insane wl closeups, i just thought i remember reading this is dangerous to the scope unless it's a refractor.

a concern i have is old newtons rings, i haven't really noticed them before with this camera, but today they are pretty bad. are people taking out the window or using tilters, or what is the best option to get this not to happen?

i also took my first shot at stitching together a full disc image of high resolution, it's not really that good, but i'm ok with it for a first attempt it's 16 panes.

as always comments welcome, but constructive criticism is appreciated more. also as always, anyone wanting my videos or raw images, i'll happily give in exchange for your processing technique you use to create any images from.
spot.jpg
spotc.jpg
spotdiscwhite.jpg
whitespot.jpg
whitespot.jpg (79.26 KiB) Viewed 7695 times
disclarge.jpg