Test image with DMK51

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Ken Crawford

Test image with DMK51

Post by Ken Crawford »

Here is a quick (I mean quick) process of some edge data from the DMK51 testing. Seeing was not good and I had mount issues. I have been using a Cube Alt/Az all this time :( I have to figure out a way to cover my 20" RCOS up so I can us my ME for tracking with the 60mm on top.

I am impressed with this camera so far. We have nice clear skies again this week but two days of high winds. This imaging during the day and night is getting to me :blink:

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Test image with DMK51

Post by Montana »

Wonderful picture Ken!

What is the difference between the DMK41 and the DMK51?

My DMK41 annoys me as I can only image the sun with it, it struggles with the moon, and Jupiter seems at the very limit. I gave up and didn't bother with Saturn. It just doesn't seem to capture enough light and I have to ramp the gain up to stupid levels just to keep the exposure time to 1/19 or 1/15 second (anything slower is just a waste of time).

How does the DMK51 fair?

Regards
Alexandra

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Wonderful picture Ken!
My DMK41 annoys me as I can only image the sun with it, it struggles with the moon, and Jupiter seems at the very limit. I gave up and didn't bother with Saturn. It just doesn't seem to capture enough light and I have to ramp the gain up to stupid levels just to keep the exposure time to 1/19 or 1/15 second (anything slower is just a waste of time).

Great shot Ken! Look forward to hearing more from you on this camera...

Alexandra - I have a solution for you that will reduce your exposure time ;) However, i'm just in a 10 min slot before heading out for a course meal in Geneva so don't have time to explain the details right now. However, it will work and is straightforward to do (don't worry no spanners or screw drivers involved!). I'm back home at the weekend so will drop you an email then when have got somemore time! :)

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

Mark, you have me intrigued!

Glad you seem to be having fun :)

Alexandra

swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by swisswalter »

Hey Mark

I'll be interested too. Have more fun at lake geneva

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)