Two new scopes acquired for the program

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Two new scopes acquired for the program

Post by solarchat »

I guess this would be a good time to announce something really cool.

I just got a directed grant from an anonymous donor to purchase two Pre Meade Coronado 90mm scopes from a VERY reputable person (anonymous) who has retained these original Coronado masterpieces in their original condition. These people are doing it for love of outreach and don't want to be mentioned.

I have acquired an original 90mm double stacked scope BF30 and an original 90mm CaK scope from Coronado to use in the outreach. I am about as excited as you can get that this will almost double my capacity for students at each event.

I am passing this on to you guys by distributing some of my stuff to club members. Club member David Stevens is now in possession of a DMK41 camera from the club to broadcast the Sun at his outreach events in Ohio and our favorite friendly newcomer to Solar Chuck Thornton will have a loaner Lunt LS35 Deluxe and PGR flea camera shipped out Monday to start his outreach right in Connecticut.
I am thrilled to loan out this stuff to these up and coming outreach types and want you all to know that I am serious about this stuff and want everyone to get out and get the immense satisfaction that comes from sharing the hobby. If you guys are waiting for some sort of catch or something, there isn't one. I believe in trust and the good in people. We'll see how this program goes and then try and expand it.

If you have a specific need for equipment or whatever and are a club member please post it here and let me see if I can get it or already have it. You would get the stuff to use as long as you are a member and when you upgrade or buy your own, you just return it and it will be redistributed to others in the club… Thats the idea…

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
Cschur
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Two new scopes acquired for the program

Post by Cschur »

That's great news Stephen! The bottom scope looks different, is it made of something unusual?

Chris Schur

----------------------------------

Birch Mesa Observatory, Payson Arizona

Clear Creek Canyon Observatory, Happy Jack, Arizona
vidman

Post by vidman »

Give and you shall receive ten fold. Thanks to the anonymous donator and to the individual who has maintained the scopes.

vidman

Post by vidman »

Thank you for your generous offer Stephen. We appreciate this very much and will put the scope and camera to good use. Even with the cold that is heading our way for the next 4 months.

Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

That is good news . Thank you "anonymous donor" ;)

swisswalter

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Stephen

great news. I'm very happy for the club

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)