AR2674 in HA

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Ben Cartwright SASS
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

AR2674 in HA

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

Sunspot AR2674
Quark Chromosphere
Celestron XLT102 F/6.5
ZWO ASI174mm

ImageSunspot AR2674 by Jeff Padell, on Flickr

Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: AR2674 in HA

Post by Valery »

Nice capture, Jeff!

BTW Is the the same Quark with +5 best position?

BTW2 Have you finally gave up with the Lunt 80THa? If yes, what where the issues?

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
Ben Cartwright SASS
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

Valery,
I have been using the +3-+4 position on the Quark.
I found that it is a cabling issue with the camera causing the problems. But there was an issue with the blocking filter, they sent me a new one. I am happy with the LS80 but also love the Quark. both flicker and my website have shots from both. the website www.solarhead.net separates them by type of scope and whether Quark or Lunt. Flicker https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmpadell/ has all my shots but not separated by scope.

the LS80 max magnification is with a 5x Barlow giving 2900mm while with my Quark and my Skywatcher ED100 I get 3870mm and with my XLT120 I get 4300mm and the Lunt and 5x is more affected by seeing while the Quark and the XLT120 that I use the most is less affected by it.

Another reason I am keeping the Quark, and may even get another, is that starting in a few weeks the Lunt is affected by the cold, we will be around 0c to 7c during the day, the Lunts don't like the cold but the Quark being heated is ok with it. BUT the Lunt, I can get full disks that I can't with the Quark.

Also for outreach I find the Lunt better. Here are a couple shots with the LS80, one is a nice prom and sunspot group and the other from the eclipse here.

ImageSunspot AR2665 and prom by Jeff Padell, on Flickr

ImageSolar Eclipse from RI USA by Jeff Padell, on Flickr

ImageEclipse 2017 by Jeff Padell, on Flickr

Valery

Post by Valery »

Thanks for the report, Jeff!

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.