Some people just don't get it! Gota laugh!

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Starman
The Sun?
The Sun?

Some people just don't get it! Gota laugh!

Post by Starman »

Just wanted to share this with people that get it. Sunday when I discovered the double or triple or quadruple loop prominence, I got it in perfect focus. I could see crisp sharp lines of plasma clearly defined with space separating them. Plasma splashing like fireworks all around it. I just had to share it with someone. So I ran inside the house and asked my wife if I could show her something real cool. She said sure, got up from her chair were she was doing school work ( she's a teacher) and came out side to my telescope. She looked through the eyepiece. I asked her to tell me what she saw. She saw the loop. She said wow then got up and started to walk back the way she came, when she turned and asked me what it was that I spent hours and hours looking at. I was speachless!

Derek Klepp
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Some people just don't get it! Gota laugh!

Post by Derek Klepp »

I,Ve had similar responses from adults but when I have shown a young child the moon through a large scope or a big prom or a star cluster their response more than makes up for it.A great bit of outreach nonetheless.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Some people just don't get it! Gota laugh!

Post by marktownley »

The wow factor of solar is great!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!