2017 Raffle/Fundraiser has begun!

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

2017 Raffle/Fundraiser has begun!

Post by solarchat »

Our once per year annual fundraiser/raffle has begun!
This years grand prize is a Skywatcher USA 14 inch Dobsonian mounted telescope with accessories so you can start your own outreach program!
Please consider supporting our nonprofit so we can recover from the devastating affect of the Amazon eclipse glasses scare. We lost over 60,000 pair of eclipse glasses (thrown away by panicked school boards) during this disaster which was 1/3 of our yearly budget.
If you donate to our nonprofit it is tax deductible according to applicable law but more importantly, you will be donating to the largest non-government, non-university, grassroots concerned citizens effort to turn the tide of anti-science in our world and inspire young people to get us into interplanetary space travel. We cannot survive without science.
We pay no salaries, charge no fees for anything, have a 4% admin cost and deliver hands on real, high tech science opportunities in solar spectroscopy and astronomy to over 250,000 people per year in 27 countries.
Your money will go to insurance, transportation costs and obtaining and shipping astronomy equipment to be distributed freely through our charity.
We gave away almost $150,000 worth of telescopes, mounts, computers, imagers, diffraction gratings, solar eclipse glasses and accompanying supplies in 2017 all completely free to people dedicated to sharing science freely around the world.
Please help us to be even bigger in 2018.
Each $100 gets you one entry into our raffle for the big prize which will be rewarded to one lucky donor if we reach our goal of $30,000 this year.
Send directly to [email protected] on PayPal or use the handy links on www.solarastronomy.org to make your donation. Monthly donors will get full credit for the entire year in the raffle drawing. i.e. $50/month = $600 yearly and gets you 6 entries.
IMG_7402.JPG
IMG_7402.JPG (537.11 KiB) Viewed 2029 times

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: 2017 Raffle/Fundraiser has begun!

Post by Montana »

Fantastic Stephen, I really hope you reach the goal this year. Just need to wait till pay day and I'll add to the pot :)
I met a wonderful young lad yesterday, he was so inspired by the Greenwich exhibition of photography photos last year that he went straight out bought a camera and has been hooked ever since. So in less than a year he has won 'highly commended' in the Young Astronomy Photographer of the Year with a superb picture of the Orion Nebulae. I would love for you to send him a goody bag which you give to teenage students about the Sun, he seemed so keen, however I don't know his address, but I am going to try and find out. I told him and his Mum all about Solarchat so I really hope he drops in to say hello so we can give him our usual friendly solar welcome. It was really great to chat to young people with such a passion for science, Stephen you are dead right in working so hard to educate, it is such a positive thing to do in a world so troubled. It was a contrast to walk straight from this and straight into the London Tube to find someone had let off a terrorist bomb in there only an hour before :( we have to change the world guys, education education education!
Alexandra

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Its an uphill battle, Alexandra. Thank you for the constant support and kind words.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

NOW'S YOUR CHANCE!! RESIST THE ANTI-SCIENCE WORLD WITH MORE THAN FB POSTS AND COMPLAINTS.
We do ONE fundraiser a year here at the Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project. This pays for insurance, administrative licenses, taxes, lawyers, equipment giveaways, the MASSIVE expense of shipping all of this stuff around the world and the associated customs robbery committed by all of these countries, not to mention the day to day operation of my local program and that of a lot of the CBSAP affiliates around the world.
PLEASE give generously at www.solarastronomy.org or directly to PayPal.me/CBSAP. Your donation is tax deductible (where allowed) and ALL of it goes to direct student outreach. No salaries, no fees to anyone for anything. We have a 4% admin cost over 10 years.
You might also win a fantastic sidewalk astronomy setup in the raffle!

paypal.me/CBSAP is the direct donate link
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 9.25.21 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-19 at 9.25.21 PM.png (25.81 KiB) Viewed 1932 times

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

sc.jpg
sc.jpg (13.45 KiB) Viewed 1772 times
C'mon, if you've not donated yet please do so, let's support the group so we can have another great year of outreach.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Derek Klepp
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by Derek Klepp »

Just put my two bobs worth in keep up the good work Stephen.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Not far to go to the target folks - and not long left either.

If you haven't donated please really consider doing so, in addition to all the equipment and glasses that are donated world wide it also supports the running costs of this forum, so please, anything you can donate is greatly appreciated.

The fundraiser is only once a year so dig deep please!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.15.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 9.15.44 AM.png (33.62 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

This is the last full day of fundraising and we are far from our goal to keep the program and this forum running through 2018.

Please consider a generous contribution to our nonprofit.

www.solarastronomy.org

paypal.me/CBSAP

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA