Understanding the process or trying to.

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
denababy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Understanding the process or trying to.

Post by denababy »

Hi I have a Lunt 50ha single stacked and a ZWO 120 mc camera (yes I know I should have a mono) I have been watching the very good video by Wise Imaging, I think Marty is known on here as Malveau, that could be wrong. Anyway in the video after acquisition it moves on to Autostakkert where the stacking is done then on to Registax it is here I am having problems in that it is forcing me to stack everything again then set alignment points but on the vid it goes straight to ‘wavelets’ but until I follow the steps I am given I cannot get to ‘wavelets’. Should I not stack in Autostakkert First and go straight onto Registax? I am just learning not only settings for the camera but also the software. Anyone help please :bow2 My laptop is a new Dell with 8gb of ram and running Windows 10.

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Understanding the process or trying to.

Post by Montana »

A very sunny and warm welcome :hamster:

Use Autostakkert 3 to stack first, stack around 10% of your best images and output as a Tif. Then do not use Registax! use ImPPG https://greatattractor.github.io/imppg/
from Filip as it is perfectly designed for solar and lunar work. It is very simple to use and you can see your sharpening by using the sliding dials at the side.

Alexandra

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

ThomasHu has a colour camera and a Coronado 60mm so you should get similar results.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22880&p=207820&hilit=china#p207820

Maybe you could ask him how he does his colour processing as he gets great detail. :)
Alexandra

denababy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by denababy »

Thanks for the replies I will do as you suggest.

PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by PDB »

Hi,

I agree with Alexandra about Imppg. Just to explain what went wrong with Registax is that you probably opened the video again. To have it work in Registax you should open the stacked image from AS (tif), an proceed immedialelly to wavelet processing. But as said, Imppg and LR + Unsharp masking gives excellent results.

Regards,

Paul