High Res of the surface activity at the MINI-level with a Quark alternative.

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!

High Res of the surface activity at the MINI-level with a Quark alternative.

Post by Valery »

Hi here,

These days with a quiet and almost bald sun I continue to test a new "eyepiece form" H-a filter (similar in size to a Quark) . This H-a filter allows to use virtually any telescope with F/7 and slower (F/10 is the optimum). For a bigger than 70mm size a full size DERF filter is required. The filter allows very fast change of it's cental wave length and easily see a doppler effect on dark filaments and prominences.

Today I tested this filter with my C11 telescope equipped with full size 295mm DERF filter.
On the two images you can see that at a large scale ( telescopes 6" and up required) one always can find solar activity. Small dark filaments, mini-size active areas AR mini-flares, hot spots. Mini AR on the first image. On the second image is a small dark filament (prominence projected at the disk) and several short living hot spots at the roots of spiculaes.

The system worked at F/45 with a 0,6x reducer and Basler 1920-155 IMX174 camera. Final images were downsized to about 90%.

Thanks for looking.

Comments are welcome.

Valery
Attachments
07h-50m-FULL-1500fr-FIN.jpg
07h-50m-FULL-1500fr-FIN.jpg (496.98 KiB) Viewed 986 times
097h-08m-2000fr-FIN.jpg
097h-08m-2000fr-FIN.jpg (496.79 KiB) Viewed 986 times

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
PDB
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: High Res of the surface activity at the MINI-level with a Quark alternative.

Post by PDB »

As usual these captures are outstanding.
Think you made many of us curious now about this alternative etalon. I suppose you are bound to some disclosure about this etalon while testing it. But it looks promising.

Regards,

Paul

p_zetner

Re: High Res of the surface activity at the MINI-level with a Quark alternative.

Post by p_zetner »

Hi Valery.
Your new filter is certainly capable of some superb imaging! These images look to have a bandpass of 0.4A or less and I don't think I can see any "print through" of the photospheric granulation (maybe a hint of it?). Are you developing this for the market? If so, hopefully you'd have the etalon available without any associated optics?
Cheers, Peter.

Valery

Post by Valery »

p_zetner wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:20 pm Hi Valery.
Your new filter is certainly capable of some superb imaging! These images look to have a bandpass of 0.4A or less and I don't think I can see any "print through" of the photospheric granulation (maybe a hint of it?). Are you developing this for the market? If so, hopefully you'd have the etalon available without any associated optics?
Cheers, Peter.
Hi Peter,

After the etalon itself, the key is all associated optics and a correct mechanics. This is a kit. This is for peoples who are tired of a non-uniformity and too long time required to jump between different CWLs. And this keit is not expensive!

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

Some really beautiful images again Valery :bow
Alexandra