Is anyone using FireCapture on a Mac?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Bruce Girrell

Is anyone using FireCapture on a Mac?

Post by Bruce Girrell »

OK, so I gave up on SharpCap and tried loading a native Mac version of FireCapture.

Unfortunately, FireCapture requires running a particular command shell and loading a Ruby library. The instructions for doing so, provided with the FireCapture download, do not work. I can't even find the Settings choices being discussed.

Is there anyone here who is running FireCapture on the Mac who can help me get the background stuff installed so that I can load the program?

Thanks again

Bruce G.
Still no functioning cameras

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Is anyone using FireCapture on a Mac?

Post by Montana »

There must be someone, surely Lou has been there and done that, he seems to have done most software troubles :)

Alexandra

gabrieli
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by gabrieli »

Hi, Bruce and Alexandra

Although I'm Mac oriented, I had to learn the ins and outs of the Windows system when I first started imaging back in 2010 since that was all that was available (to my knowledge) as far as capture software. I've never used Firecapture on a Mac but after the movie files are recorded and stacked on my Windows laptop, I sharpen and process them on my Mac Pro in AstraImage and Photoshop.

Bruce, I'm not sure which camera you are using but does it offer drivers in Mac versions or do the drivers run within emulation software?
I'm assuming you are not trying to use Firecapture on its own with no drivers (A silly question, I know).

Lou

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

I think Stephen Ramsden uses a special program to run cameras on a Mac and he seems to be the only person with the program. You could ask him nicely ;)

Alexandra