Year End Best Wishes

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
vidman

Year End Best Wishes

Post by vidman »

Robin and I feel blessed to have met Stephen and become a member of this club and a part of the Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Organization. We have met online a bunch of great and interesting people. We hope to meet all of you in person soon. We find your information and teaching of great help as we design a Solar Outreach for the children in our area.

If we can help even ONE child have the face of excitement and awe, that Stephen has often accomplished, we will be happy. That is all we ask.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukkah, Happy Winter Solstice etc etc. Our wishes are for a Healthy and Happy New Year for all.

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Year End Best Wishes

Post by solarchat »

Hey man! You ought to be on this end if you wanna feel blessed! Im not a religious man but I can tell ya that every day I wake up breathing after the various situations in the military and in my somewhat risky youth :) I feel like a new man. I have come to find that giving away stuff and helping others to feel the excitement of science and especially the excitement of sharing science is really my calling. Now, if I only had a fancy advanced degree or two to go along with my boyish fascination of this star of ours.

Anyway, happy -whatever you celebrate- and let me tell ya there is no time like the present to grab those people or pets that you love and let them know you care about them and want them to be happy. Put aside stupid arguments or grudges and just be you and let your inner beauty shine out to others.

PS... Santa sent me a tracking email saying that my anonymous donor has shipped the two scopes to the organization as of yesterday and they will be here in a few days. He also included this photo:

Its a totally customized Old school Coronado CaK 70mm/FT focuser and an Older school double stacked H-Alpha 90/FT focuser. I CANT WAIT to set these bad boys up. Gary Bennett from Canada called yesterday and said that my dead CGE mount has been brought back to life also and is on its way back with every upgrade he makes and should last for years of great service. This may free up a double stacked 60mm and possibly a double stacked 80mm for club usage.

Now, Im off to work 10 hours here so that the guys with kids can take off...(the double time helps too)

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Nice looking scopes! 8)

Happy holidays everyone!!! :woohoo:

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
vidman

Post by vidman »

Stephen,

You deserve all the good that comes your way.

I know what you mean about waking up in the morning and breathing. I thank God for another night I lived thru.

solarray

Post by solarray »

Mount talking to Alan ... see I told you i'm not dead yet....

Alan talking to mount.... yea those kid's need you......

Mount to Alan ..I knew that ...... Well tell them I'M BACK!!!

Alan to mount..... I knew it all along..... Working with Kid's can repair anything. :bow:

Mount to Alan ... And recharge the soul.

vidman

Post by vidman »

:)