Software For Mosaics

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Software For Mosaics

Post by marktownley »

Just wondering what people use and what your views on the merits of the various options are?

I've been using IMerge for sometime now, however this afternoon have just discovered the automated 'photomerge' feature in CS4. I've tried this on numerous full disks i've done historically, both lunar and solar and I have to say i'm very impressed. It also has a 'vignette' feature which sorts out gradients across the individual panes; this is particularly good! Anybody else been using this? or is everyone else and its just me being a slow poke in discovering it?

Mark

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Photosbykev

Re: Software For Mosaics

Post by Photosbykev »

I use Autopano Giga2 for all of my mosaics and normal panoramic images and just finish them off in CS5. I haven't found anything better at handling all the gradients and it will also correct geometric and scaling adjustments

regards
Kev

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Hi Mark:

I only use the photomerge feature in PS CS5. It is great. Check out my last moon image (sixpanel mosaic) with the LUNT152:

http://solarchat.natca.net/index.php/en ... he-lunt152

best regards

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

I think it's going to be my new method of choice for mosaics: I've spent pretty much all day mastering iterative USM to come up with settings that work at the scale I do my full disk images. Next step is to learn how to do a prom mask prior to sharpening...

Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
NandoPG

Post by NandoPG »

Hi Mark,
I use Photomerge in CS-5 most of the time. It works fine as long as you capture all the tiles of your mosaic under the same seeing condition, this is, nothing that can blurr one tile diferently than the others. If this is the case then Kolor AutoPano Giga does a much better job to make a more even Mosaic, especially the version 2.5.

Fernando

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

I also use only Photomerge in Photoshop, I find it works wonders on variable exposures and is far better than Imerge. In imerge I didn't like how you could lose details in areas whereas Photomerge does not do this. I haven't seen the vignette setting though?

Regards
Alexandra

Cschur
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by Cschur »

Sorry, I only have photoshop 7. very old, cant do anything. So I use iMerge until you can suggest an inexpensive alternative. (sniff, sniff)

Chris Schur

----------------------------------

Birch Mesa Observatory, Payson Arizona

Clear Creek Canyon Observatory, Happy Jack, Arizona
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Lol, it's only me who's not noticed the photomerge function before then :silly: