Share the Sun....PLEASE!

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Share the Sun....PLEASE!

Post by solarchat »

Members, this forum is unique on the internet in that it firstly promotes outreach and sharing the Sun with others. While you ARE doing this by sharing your images, I invite all of you to consider showing the Sun to others in your community and posting pictures and impressions of that experience here as well.
We get a lot of great photos here from the best imagers in the world, but I would love to see some people's expressions the first time they look in your telescopes at the Sun. This hobby is not meant to do alone, it is a fantastic way to meet new people and share common interests.
The Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project is just that...a PROJECT to see if Solar Astronomy can change the world by getting more people to get together across political and religious boundaries to share their love of science. Now, lets do this 'thang. Lets set the standard for astronomy outreach for the next millennium!

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
Marcello
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Share the Sun....PLEASE!

Post by Marcello »

"Really..???" were the words of my neighborhood at looking the Sun in H-Alpha for the first time, last Sunday!
I don't have the picture of the face, but you can imagine it.. he was so surprised and happy!

You are absolutely right Stephen, it's a pleasure to share our hobby, or experience, with other people. I found that folks is very curious about observing the Sun, always have a lot of question. Knowledge in the matter is generally poor, as tv and other media keep talking about soccer, vip's and other silly things..

A view of our beatiful star is something that helps to understand the beauty of the nature and how much respect we due to it.
I still do not have experience in large public outreach, but I look forward to put effort in this direction and I will not miss to share anything about here. Stephen, your work is a big inspiration!

Play in the sunshine, we're gonna get over !!
swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Stephen

we take the job serious. Who ever jumps in, get to hear about our star, if he want's or not ;-)

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
James0057
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by James0057 »

Anita my wife & I did CBSAP with a few friends in our living room TONIGHT. We went to a wedding today & tonight the brides brother came by with his girlfriend at some point out came the Glasses & other info on our SUN...they left with glasses and NASA Night Sky Info .. Amy & Alan left looking forward to seeing the SUN with their Glasses & a little bit of info on your Project Stephen ... !!!