New CBSAP Event Reporting System

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

New CBSAP Event Reporting System

Post by solarchat »

As part of our increasing global presence I have left the NASA NSN (US only) reporting system and written our own for member use.

It can be accessed by clicking the forum here on solarchat or on www.solarastronomy.org

NEW CBSAP EVENT REPORTING SYSTEM

I designed and wrote this new event reporting system to be exceptionally easy, quick and intuitive to fill out so that we can actually have records of the 90% or so of our groups events that go unreported every year. There are 8 total fields, only 5 of which are required, on one page, with no sign in credentials required. The city, state and zip are more for US events only but feel free to record them if you want to. It’s only in English now but if there is a demand, I can put it into different languages as well or you can use Google page translator.

It is VERY important to maintain sponsorships that I can point to facts about what we are actually doing. Larry Metcalf and I discussed making a monthly report to sponsors or others interested that accurately reflects our real activities. We believe that this new system will allow us to have an automated process to show our work in all 23+ countries very easily. This is a global nonprofit with more than half of the events being done outside of the US. These efforts have gone almost wholly unreported as have over 90% of the US events because the previous system was just too complicated It is CRITICAL that I get all of you to do a little work for me here to make this thing accurate.

PLEASE, sit down with your records or memories from as far back as you have been associated with CBSAP and enter something, even if you can’t remember the exacts, just enter something to show the school events, astronomy festivals, public outreaches, etc that you have done. Even if you just remember that you did about 5 or 6 events in 2011 for instance, please enter something for each event. Use whatever date you want but having something in the system for as many events as you can remember will go a long way to more accurately reflecting what we have been doing. I would greatly appreciate every one of you entering as many events as you can remember into this system and encouraging any others in your group to do the same. Again, don’t worry about super accuracy, just enter something for each event you have done.
ALL EVENTS PREVIOUSLY REPORTED TO NASA NSN ARE ALREADY IN THIS NEW DATABASE. DO NOT RE-ENTER THEM. If you don’t remember whether you entered them or not, please re-enter them.

You can access this form from solarastronomy.org or from the solarchat forum.

The direct link is here http://solarchatforum.com/events/add.php?

Thank you and please enter these events as soon as you can.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: New CBSAP Event Reporting System

Post by Montana »

I will have to go back through my notes, I definitely have more than one :)
Alexandra

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

I'll get some logged for you.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Thank you for registering your events. We are going to use this data to allocate resources going forward. There are so many requests for glasses, scopes, mounts, etc… from all over the world, I can’t keep up with the very small amount of money that we raise so I thought I would send what we have to the people that are actually doing something with them.
I hate to limit things but since I have been retired now for 2 years, our savings has gone down to a point where I can’t keep financing the program lke I used to.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Logged mine...

Last bumped by marktownley on Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:03 pm.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!