My main purpose in being involved in this hobby is to spread it to others. If you're an outreach nut like I am, please post images and descriptions of your outreach events in here.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
SUNTASTIC ! Had a great time outreaching again with the Artworks Alliance ! Lots of talk on the Eclipse on the 21st. Everyone today received Free CBSAP Glasses ! New member Thurston showed up with his wife Rhonda. He got to observe the SUN in The HA scope. In the eyepiece a couple of nice Prominence, Sunspots . As always thx for looking, comments welcomed ! Clear Skies !
- IMG_6867.JPG (1.99 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6866.JPG (2.04 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6865.JPG (1.93 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6860.JPG (3.51 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6855.JPG (1.77 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6853.JPG (2.31 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6845.JPG (2.09 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6830.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6828.JPG (2.16 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6824.JPG (3.28 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6822.JPG (2.19 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6821.JPG (2.49 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6816.JPG (4.12 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- IMG_6815.JPG (3.37 MiB) Viewed 236 times
- Posts: 23238
- Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:27 pm
- Location: Brierley Hills, UK
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
- Way More Fun to Share It!!
- Posts: 18798
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:25 pm
- Location: Cheshire, UK
What a great day! you always have such lovely blue skies, I hope eclipse day brings some too
- The Sun?
- Posts: 6
- Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:37 pm
- Location: Riverside, St. Clair Cty, Alabama
Again, it was great seeing you and seeing your set up for Solar Astronomy. And... yes, I would like to do some Outreach with you sometimes. I talked with the Principal of CVES yesterday and she is going have her teachers call me to help with planning and preparing lesson plans and activities for their kids primarily about the eclipse. I told her that I was not an 'expert' but then she told me that I was considered an expert by them from just what I had shared so far. They haven't had any resource person before when it comes to astronomy. Here's to looking up and Clear Skies!!!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest