Does anyone need anything?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Does anyone need anything?

Post by solarchat »

Its Christmas morning and I want to make sure all of our CBSAP club members have everything they need. I have sent boxes of glasses to everyone who has joined up and you all should have some lanyards, stickers, brochures and stuff to use in your solar outreach events.

Remember, its no big deal, if you dont know how to start, just take your scope out to the nearest street corner and set it up and start your viewing or imaging ritual like you always do. Believe me when I say you will draw visitors...THATS AN OUTREACH EVENT! if you get one other person to come and enjoy the Sun amd report the event to the NASA Night Sky Network (in the US), then our mission is accomplished. :) Its that simple...

Now, does ANYONE (club members) need me to send them anything solar related?

Currently we have the following items out for loan :

a PGR Flea camera

a Lunt LS35 DLX scope

2500 pairs of solar glasses at ($0.40 cents each)

a Baader White light wedge

a DMK41 firewire camera

several little adaptors and camera mounts,etc

These items are loaned out for 6 months or so until the borrower can decide what to buy on their own and then they will be sent back for others to borrow...

What I have available for loan:

14 inch full aperture glass filter
5 inch full aperture glass filter
all the solar glasses you could possibly want
Meade 80mm APO
possibly a 60mm double stacked Lunt Halpha scope
a celestron CGEM mount (you pay shipping via donation)

and I can usually get most other items if you need something in particular.

all these items are to be used expressly for improving your solar imaging, sketching and viewing skills to do more solar outreach and cannot be resold. They remain propoperty of the club and must be returned at your shipping expense after you are done.

If anyone else has soemthing that they would like to list as being available for sharing in the club please do so here.

This is all on the honor system and so far this awesome group of outreach minded folk have not let us down...

Let me know if anyone needs anything...

Happy Holidays,

Stephen

remember, I am looking for volunteers to help me at NEAF with manning the booth and promoting the outreach while managing my giveaways and soliciting donations. Club members only please

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
earl

Re: Does anyone need anything?

Post by earl »

I can plan to help with NEAF this year.

earl

Post by earl »

All my goodies arrived today. Thanks

DaveSnay

Post by DaveSnay »

I will be at NEAF. I'm usually helping the guys at Astronomy Technology Today, but I'll see if I can pry myself out of their booth to spend some time with you!

Dave

Bill E.

Post by Bill E. »

Stephen, I will be at NEAF both days and want to help out. Weather here will keep me from doing any outreach for a while.