John Paladini recently published an article in the Westchester Amateur Astronomer's "SkyWatch" for April 2017.
Give a good overview of the history and background of the SHG as well as details on the construction of his digital SHG.
Just a few comments:
1. Fred Veio's "The Spectrohelioscope" booklet is reproduced with his approval in the Astronomical Spectroscopy forum files area.(Page5)
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ast ... copy/files
2. The arrow on the grating should be pointing towards the camera.(Page 9)
3. Wah!'s SLiM program is augmented by a great tutorial, but the Photoshop features he uses requires at least version CS5 (or later)(Page11)
these are all of the great references that our users have shared with others.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 3658
- Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:23 pm
- Location: St Leonards, Australia
- Has thanked: 23 times
- Been thanked: 101 times