My fourth PST-Mod

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
Solar-Cologne
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

My fourth PST-Mod

Post by Solar-Cologne »

Hello,

in 2012 at the ATT-Essen, the largest Astro Show in Germany, i became i unique item of an PST-Etalon in Aluminium case with mecanical Tuning and T-2 Adaptation. The original -200 and +200mm Telezentrik Lenses may be can removed.
Oliver was a little bit sad i became it first, it s a very nice Modification.
I use it with an Baader TZ-4 Telezentrics in my 6" Refractor with 120mm Aperture.

Setup here at the Picture is with the original Telecentrics.

This is my last Experiments with the PST-Etalon.
If you want more Resolution, you need an Refractor with more Aperture and an Front ERF.
The PST-Etalon makes automatically an f=10 System, if the focal ratio is lss then 10.

I cant use it in my Meade ED178, because the Tube is not shortend, i need the original one to use the Lille 50/50-System.

The Front ERF is the better Solution then an intern ERF.

If you need an intern ERF, like Lunt at Example, you have the Heat in the Tubus and Turbulence in it and the H-Alpha Quality is not so good like a front ERF, its cheaper ok.
In next Year i will test it with a modified Lunt60.....i have one of the best in the World from Markus Ludes/ APM-Telescopes / Germany.

sunny Greetings :D
Achim
Attachments
036.JPG
036.JPG (120.48 KiB) Viewed 3243 times
035.JPG
035.JPG (52.89 KiB) Viewed 3255 times
Last edited by Solar-Cologne on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: My fourth PST-Mod

Post by marktownley »

Looks good! What are the views like through this visually?

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Solar-Cologne
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: My fourth PST-Mod

Post by Solar-Cologne »

Hello Mark,

Thank you for your interest.

Its a little bit better like the original one, because there are less Reflexess and a homogeneously H-Alpha at the disk.
And with the Baader TZ-4 i have a f=40 System, its much better for watching H-Alpha.
Oliver uses sometimes f=50 and more....

sunny Greetings :D
Achim