Is this possible?

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Is this possible?

Post by hopskipson »

Hi all,

I'm just playing with ideas right now and would love any kind of feedback, ideas, comments and advise on the following "mod".
I have a Lunt LS60 Pressure tuned scope with 1200 blocking filter and would like to mate it with a Celestron CR-6. The Lunt is F/8.3 and the CR-6 is F/8. Would this be a good match? Has anyone tried this? Would it work? Are there any ready made adapters for this? How critical is the F ratio to making it work properly? What considerations to the placement of the etalon are there?

I'm just in the planning phase and while the sun is not very high in my sky right now, I can gather any parts and knowledge first. Thanks for any help!

James

James
These pretzels are making me thirsty! (C.C.)
The Quark introduced me to this wonderful side of the hobby and the sun hasn’t disappointed yet.
Solar Equipment: Solar Spectrum RG-18 0.3A, Coronado Solarmax 90mm etalon Isle of Man SN-001, Tuscon SN-380 and Meade SM2, Lunt LS80 DS, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 2" wedge, 2-Lunt CaK II 1200, Baader 3.8 and 5.0 solar film in 208mm cells, and 3D printed Sol'Ex SHG, Lunt 40mm
Coming Soon: Solar Spectrum CaK II <1A filter
dhkaiser
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Is this possible?

Post by dhkaiser »

Not sure what you mean by mate the two. Mount side by side or convert the CR-6 to Ha?

Dan
South central Indiana
USA
antonello
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Is this possible?

Post by antonello »

Hello,
If you want to use the etalon of the Lunt LS60, If it is the model with a single objective lens you have only one solution: you have to change the two collimation lenses, the one in front (negative) and the one behind ( positive) of etalon. Sorry.
Read here

http://solarchatforum.com/viewtopic.php ... lo#p231533