Clouds clear oh dear processing

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
denababy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Clouds clear oh dear processing

Post by denababy »

Those of you that live in the UK are only to aware that cloudless days are few and far between so when we do indeed have one of those rare days I set up my Lunt 50 and laptop etc. There are a few days where there are breaks in the cloud but I have to setup from scratch, it must be wonderful to be permanently setup. For practice I usually take a minimum of three sets of videos, three surface three proms and three flats. That gives me plenty of practice, in the acquisition then in the processing, not got too far with the processing but getting better. I have two questions, those being;
1) I set the output to avi. but for some reason I also had a few ser. these ser videos would not open, it kept asking if I wanted to open in a different app ! What is that all about, I am absolutely (nearly) hopeless on the pc. Any idea how to either stop this happening or advice on how to open them.
2) is there a way of starting afresh once I start processing? What I mean is can I delete any processing even though I have moved on to say, proms.
Please help.

pedro
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Clouds clear oh dear processing

Post by pedro »

In Firecapture sometimes you get SER instead of AVI files. You have to check each time you record a video

In Autostakkert you can process both (AVI and SER files)

freeware SER players are also available (PC & MacOS and Linux)
https://sites.google.com/site/astropipp/ser-player

yltansg

Post by yltansg »

denababy wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:40 am
2) is there a way of starting afresh once I start processing? What I mean is can I delete any processing even though I have moved on to say, proms.
Please help.
You can always stop and start afresh. Simply click cancel in AS! and start all over again.

Alfred

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Sometimes if you are clicking other settings, eg 16 bit it will record as a ser file.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!