Binoviewing with Lunt LS80

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
Tigger
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Binoviewing with Lunt LS80

Post by Tigger »

Hello,

I am reaching out for some advice please. I am upgrading from LS50 to LS80THa SS. The scope arrives wednesday (hopefully). I want to use my Baader MK V binoviewers with Lunt 21-7mm zooms. I have GPC 1.25 & 1.75.

I have read a few posts about the hassle using BW on the LS80. I am a not very technically minded (a bear of very little brain) but would be grateful for any advice and pitfalls that anyone has come across using BW.

I have used them for many years on my nighttime SCT without any issues and kinda hope that I just connect them to the Lunt diagonal and off I go. Is this wishful thinking or realistic?

Appreciate your assistance.

Simon2940
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: Binoviewing with Lunt LS80

Post by Simon2940 »

I think this post might be in the wrong place so im assuming an admin will move it, but if memory serves correct, you might need a barlow to reach focus. I dont have a bino so i cannot confirm that but i remember people mentioned it before.

Tigger
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by Tigger »

Thanks Simon,

As I understand it the GPC acts as the barlow. Maybe it will be OK

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Should be fine!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!