New Solar Imaging Book

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
JimLafferty

New Solar Imaging Book

Post by JimLafferty »

Hey Folks,

Just a "heads up" I will be shipping my new book "Imaging Our Sun" in early November--some pics of the book below with more info at:

http://scopetrader.com/jimlafferty/?page=417

Regards!

Jim

astrodanco

Re: New Solar Imaging Book

Post by astrodanco »

Jim, if you'll be at ASAE in November, please bring some copies of your book with you. I'd like one signed by the author please.

swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Jim

looks great, congratulations. Is it sold in Europe too?

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Hi Jim:

Looks really nice. I want one too.

best regards

JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

Thanks guys--I will post here when the books arrive from the printers. As far as international shipping goes (I've heard from people from Canada, Europe, UK, Austrailia, etc) I am going to be checking out the postal shipping rates over the next week to see what the prices will be to ship there.

Dan, I wont be able to attend the event in Arizona due to work obligations, sorry. Id be happy to sign a copy for you if ordered (not that my signature would be worth anywhere near Andy Lunt's or Mr. Ramsden's!!)

Again, I will post with the info here on this thread when its time to order with payment info and any shipping info I have. Payment will be Paypal, cash, or check. Orders will be via email to me at [email protected].

This is a "one man" publishing, marketing, packing and shipping opeperation, and purely a labor of love--no one's gettin rich--I just dont want to lose my shirt, lol.

Thanks again for your interest!

Jim

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Jim,

It costs me about $75 to send a box of glasses to Europe using the medium flat rate box from the US Post Office. Its $11 domestically if you use their online system. .

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
mr40mm

Post by mr40mm »

These books are very nice Jim. They are great to use at outreach to show people what they will be looking at through the scope. Real nice. Randy

Astro-Physics 152mm F8 with 1200 mount, SkyWatcher 100mm F10, Celestron C-8, Baader Herschel Wedge Model P, DayStar Quantum PE .5 Angstrom, PGR FLEA-2 CCD video camera, Meade 14" RC with Astro-Physics 1200 Goto mount.
JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

Thanks Randy!
Wow Stephen, --75 bucks to Europe----sure would hate to have the shipping cost as much as the price of larger book. Ouch---Ill check it out-
Jim

JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

The book is able to be ordered now---some sample shipping rates are on the website---when you email me with your address I can quote you the exact rate.

My apologies to those of you overseas---shipping is insanely high, but I will ship it. First books are expected to ship Nov 7. Payment via PayPal or xfer of funds to my account, cash, or check.

Thanks

Jim

rsfoto

Post by rsfoto »

The book is able to be ordered now---some sample shipping rates are on the website---when you email me with your address I can quote you the exact rate.

My apologies to those of you overseas---shipping is insanely high, but I will ship it. First books are expected to ship Nov 7. Payment via PayPal or xfer of funds to my account, cash, or check.

Thanks

Jim

Hi Jim,

I am interested in one but the big size you are announcing. Keep us updated so I can order when the big edition is available.

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°
JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

Rainer

Both sizes are available to order now--I will be shipping both on beginning Nov 7. Some large books are aready slated to be shipped to the Netherlands and Australia so far (and US of course).

Thanks!

Jim

rsfoto

Post by rsfoto »

Rainer

Both sizes are available to order now--I will be shipping both on beginning Nov 7. Some large books are aready slated to be shipped to the Netherlands and Australia so far (and US of course).

Thanks!

Jim

Thanks. I have an adress in South Carolina to where you could ship it. Allow me to check your page today afternoon in order to know how to order it.

regards Rainer

Observatorio Real de 14
San Luis Potosi Mexico

North 22° West 101°
JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

Yes Rainer--south carolina would be much cheaper :)

Jim

JimLafferty

Post by JimLafferty »

Just a quick update---

The book has been selling for a bit over a month now and I want to thank everyone for their support---I have shipped all over the world, including most US states and thats pretty exciting for a little guy like me. OPT (Oceanside Photo and Telescope) has picked it up and its available to purchase through their website as well. Signid copies will still have to be ordered directly through me however. Anyways--thanks again!

Jim