Horizon to Horizon Milky Way

Lets brighten up peoples live with all those lovely pictures of the world around us!

Moderator: Montana

Wyvern
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Horizon to Horizon Milky Way

Post by Wyvern »

Dear all,

Inspired by Jochen's excellent Milky Way shot, I offer a 7 shot composite of the Milky Way from Auriga (far left), through Cassiopeia/Cygnus (mid frame) to the Sagittarius star clouds at far right. The images were taken with a Canon 1100d and 14mm Samyang wide angle lens, stitched together with Microsoft ICE (Image Composite Editor) and tweaked in Photoshop. Taken last year in early August last year from our obsy in Wales, some 7 miles from Aberystwyth. Individual shots were 15 sec duration at ISO 6400 and also show Jupiter and Saturn ( two brightest "blobs") just above the power lines at lower mid right hand of composite.
Note that contrary to popular belief, this composite proves that it doesn't always rain here in Wales. :o

Regards to all,
Les
Attachments
Milky Way stitch v1 (1)a.jpg
Milky Way stitch v1 (1)a.jpg (5.95 MiB) Viewed 558 times

8" SkyWatcher reflector on HEQ6. 10" Meade S/C & 16" Meade reflector awaiting obsy "planning permission"!
Coronado PST & Lunt Herschel wedge for 120mm SkyWatcher refractor on EQ4.
Graves meteor detection system.
Canon 70d & ZWO ASI120mc for imaging.
Photoshop skills questionable.
JochenM
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Horizon to Horizon Milky Way

Post by JochenM »

Cracking shot(s), Les. Different perspective to the usual Milky Way shots, like it!

Jochen Maes
Belgium
https://www.jochenmaes.com
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

Exactly as Jochen has just said Les.

You did forget to mention that at your location (other than the big cities and towns in Wales) light pollution is usually-less of a problem - even if the rain was more of an issue... :?: :?:

Just shows that its' not the expensive range of cameras that necessarily take the best pictures, rather than how a camera is used by the photographer who knows what he/she is doing and not always relying on the ultra-intelligent cameras with all the sophisticated bits and bobs, that are supposed to allow one to take better pictures, which often are not better pictures.

Thanks for sharing
Terry

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

That's a beauty :bow :hamster: I was dreaming about a sky like that the other night.

It may not always rain in Wales but it sure seems like it in Cheshire :(

Alexandra