How to use Stackistry?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

How to use Stackistry?

Post by Radon86 »

Hi all,

I was looking at Stackistry to choose and select the frames and to see if the results compared to AS!3.
I could not get the VIsualisation to work.

The Youtube video was good but my Stackistry in windows did not work like that, the video window does not play when you choose Visualisation.
Maybe Filip can help here. I spent a whole morning trying to make it work, quite frustrating. I was not sure if you had to follow the MSYS installation instructions, quite confusing.

If I got Stackistry to work as Filip intended, it would be great.

Question for Filip ?
1) I could not get a list of the frames sorted for quality; it would only export the unsorted list of frames in order of chronological order.
2) How do you get the Visualisation to work.
3) Can you just stack the frames you select in the Video window (I would deselect all of them, and only select the ones which are highest quality)

Otherwise, fantastic coding and work, Filip.

Thank you.
Magnus

Solar: H-alpha": Quark Chromosphere filter; Baader white light filters
Scopes: Altair Astro Travel ED70mm (F 420mm, D=70mm);; Skywatcher 90mm (F 910mm D=90mm); GSO focuser;;Altair Astro 60mm guidescope (D=60mm,F=225mm)
Cameras: ASI120mm-S,ASI174mm
Mount: SW HEQ5 Pro, SW EQ3 Pro Synscan (SW = Skywatcher),Vixen Polarie tracker (portable setup)
Accessory: SW Auto-focuser
Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: How to use Stackistry?

Post by Radon86 »

Here is the link to Filip (GA) Youtube video.

Unfortunately, there is no audio commentary I think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68kEYB ... L39z78zwdE

Magnus

Scopes: Altair Astro Travel ED70mm (F 420mm, D=70mm);; Skywatcher 90mm (F 910mm D=90mm); GSO focuser;;Altair Astro 60mm guidescope (D=60mm,F=225mm)
Mount: SW HEQ5 Pro, SW EQ3 Pro Synscan (SW = Skywatcher),Vixen Polarie tracker (portable setup)
Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Radon86 »

I think I have this mostly solved.

I downloaded the Stackistry-Win64.zip version and started the stackistry.bat file instead.
I did not have to go through the MSYS build instructions then.

The visualisation worked ok, and the stacking looks great.
I noted the file exported from the Image quality only followed chronological order, so you have to go through the whole file to see which frames are the best.

I will keep working on this, may have to sort out the Frame quality using Excel or other programs.

Great software, Filip, thank you.

Magnus

GreatAttractor
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by GreatAttractor »

Keep in mind Stackistry is not yet very reliable. Works fine for my 90 mm Hα material (except sometimes for prominences), and usually for CaK and WL in good seeing, otherwise it's a hit-or-miss.
Boso36 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:05 am 3) Can you just stack the frames you select in the Video window (I would deselect all of them, and only select the ones which are highest quality)
Yes; in the processing settings dialog, choose "Stacking criterion: 100 percent of the best fragments".

You can indeed easily open and then sort the exported CSV frame list by quality in Excel.

My software:
Stackistry — an open-source cross-platform image stacker
ImPPG — stack post-processing and animation alignment
My images

SW Mak-Cass 127, ATM Hα scopes (90 mm, 200 mm), Lunt LS50THa, ATM SSM, ATM Newt 300/1500 mm, PGR Chameleon 3 mono (ICX445)