Interested in Solar Guiding

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
SusanStellar
The Sun?
The Sun?

Interested in Solar Guiding

Post by SusanStellar »

I am new to SolarChat. I am interested in solar guiding and the LuSol-Guide software. Does any one know if this software works the Orion StarShoot AG, of course using the proper ASCOM divers? I am using ASCOM 6.3 platform. I downloaded the free demo version of the software and have tried to get the software to work with the cameras I use for guiding, i.e. Orion StarShoot AG, Atik 16IC, but have had no success. The demo version of the LuSol-Guide software doesn't seem to detect any of the cameras when they are plugged in...I sent emails to Olivier requesting assistance with the LuSol-Guide software but unfortunately have had no reply. So I thought I would reach out to this group. Your feedback would be much appreciated...

FYI, I use a Coronado SolarMax II 60 mm DS for solar imaging mounted on a Losmandy GM8 mount....

edobosz
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Interested in Solar Guiding

Post by edobosz »

Hi Susan
I have used LuSol and it works fairly well however I don't have an Orion StarShoot. The ASCOM driver should be getting picked up in LuSol. If you can't see it but you can see it and connect to it in other software, then something is not right with LuSol. I guess you have uninstalled and installed it again? Have you tried giving the LuSol program Administrator rights? I am not sure what else you can do other than to try contacting Olivier again.
Ted

PS: Have you tried running the program in compatibility mode for windows 7 or windows 8 ?

Lunt LS80THa DSII Quark Prominence ES127mm refractor