Quark Prominence Fergling

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
AndiesHandyHandies
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Quark Prominence Fergling

Post by AndiesHandyHandies »

Hi

By the time I started observing after lunch there was a hazy sky but a still day.

RodAstro has made me a off-axis adapter to send a 10mm beam from the 90mm OWHY through the side of the Quark to avoid some mica damage causing scatter. All I have done is slip some Black3ed 180 Emery paper in the hole, rest bare alloy.

90mm F6.7 TS Triplet, Baader 35nm, Beloptik KG3, 3x Revelation long barlow, off-axis 10mm adapter, Baader 7nm, Quark Prominence, Baffle DS Black3 180 Emery over sector of mica damage, Clave 25mm.

With the Sun just out of the field I had a good view of todays large prom against a black background. Nice fine details. Also a long fine jet, from yesterday?

Tried the Vision King 3x TE but too much scatter, could just about detect the prom.

Perhaps I need a Baader TZ 3 or 4 now to start imaging proms with the above set up?

Cheers. Andrew.

AndiesHandyHandies

Re: Quark Prominence Fergling

Post by AndiesHandyHandies »

Hi

After a play with the PST mod I thought I would have a bit of fun with a third rate commercial filter.

Had a view of the bigish double prom in the off-axis arrangement, nice dark background.

Went back to full view with the mica damage baffle still and the proms looked just as bright, slightly more background light.

3.40 UT

9 for me the biggish prom. Action man figure with sword in lower hand and shield fanding off a large eagle with the other. A small bright below.

10.00 Little prom leaning down.

11.50 Jet spray with a dog leg up to a floating triangle.

Cheers. Andrew.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Quark Prominence Fergling

Post by marktownley »

Lots of fun trying all the different combos!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!