Point grey help

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Point grey help

Post by Montana »

A very interesting read, I'm saving up the pennies for a new camera and I would love a PGR but I am so nervous of buying because of all these problems. I'm useless when it comes to computers :(

Alexandra

donatpointgrey

Post by donatpointgrey »

Hi guys, just so you know I am listening... but it is a long weekend so I'll try to make some comments next week when I'm not thinking about home landscaping :)

Don

RobBower

Post by RobBower »

I am pretty bad with that stuff too! But Im very stubborn! Lol the thing that I like, and the reason I went the way I did, was the resolution/pixels and frame rate! If you can get a fast camera that takes less grainy pictures....the end result is a wonderful thing....

Even at half speed these are much faster than most others. Having said that.... I love my DMK51 and its as slow as molasses!

There really isnt 1 camera to do all.... But if there was.... My bet would be the PGR grasshopper3

RobBower

Post by RobBower »

Long weekend here too! So im not landscaping! Hahahahaha

donatpointgrey

Post by donatpointgrey »

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I've looked through this post and am trying to summarize some of your points for discussion with the product management and support/field applications people. I can't make any promises but it is all good feedback and I will try to see if we can come up with a plan to help astrophotographers use our cameras. I may end up having to solicit more feedback on problem areas... but I'll let you know. There are a couple of topics related to this issue... (see Jim Lafferty's "Thoughts on the Grasshopper 3" thread). Seems like the gist is the cameras work great... if you can get them to work :)

Give me a bit of time to get back to you. No promises on the quality of the response though :)

Don

RobBower

Post by RobBower »

Thank you very much Don! Your help s and will always be very much apreciated! Although Ive only ad my Flea3 a few days, Ive been able to capture some great image! They do work very well indeed! The program Fly Capture is way over the top in so many ways...but nt there in others...

Im sure once that bugis worked out.... Thses systems will be taking over the hobby!

Again many thanks!

Rob