Wanted : Coronado Solarmax 90 filter, SM90 type I or II

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
bfde974
The Sun?
The Sun?

Wanted : Coronado Solarmax 90 filter, SM90 type I or II

Post by bfde974 »

Hello !

I'm looking for a solarmax coronado SM90 filter, preferably type I, or II, in mint condition.

Make offer !

Thanks !

swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Wanted : Coronado Solarmax 90 filter, SM90 type I or II

Post by swisswalter »

Hi John

good luck and welcome to that wonderful site. Have fun in the sun

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

I have an early 2000's complete internal/external Coronado (pre meade) double stacked 90mm scope with BF30 that I am considering selling to augment the nonprofit funds for this year. There is no case and it is in near perfect condition. I can ship it in a new Lunt case that will have to be cut to fit. It has been upgraded with a feathertouch focuser. It works perfectly at my altitude of 900ft (300m) MSL. The price is $6000(US) and you will get a tax deductible receipt for use in the US.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
bfde974
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by bfde974 »

solarchat wrote:I have an early 2000's complete internal/external Coronado (pre meade) double stacked 90mm scope with BF30 that I am considering selling to augment the nonprofit funds for this year. There is no case and it is in near perfect condition. I can ship it in a new Lunt case that will have to be cut to fit. It has been upgraded with a feathertouch focuser. It works perfectly at my altitude of 900ft (300m) MSL. The price is $6000(US) and you will get a tax deductible receipt for use in the US.
Hello,

Thank you for your offer ! I already own a BF15.

How much for just one SM90 filter etalon ?

Brice

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Since this is probably one of about 20 of these left on Earth, it won't be sold separately.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
bfde974
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by bfde974 »

No worries, I get it !

Thank you anywyay, wish you best luck for your sale !

piekielrl
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by piekielrl »

Are you still looking for an SM90 etalon? Do you want the internal version (which is about 60mm in aperture) or the external unit that screws onto the front of an SM90?
If you want the internal version, I might be able to help you out. I can get a brand new one from a friend of mine, but they are expensive. I saw only ONE of these for sale on Astromart in the past 6 years. That one sold for $2200.
Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks,
Bob Piekiel

jacquesfrr
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by jacquesfrr »

Hello,
If I understand, you propose a Solarmax 90 telescope with internal etalon, isn't it ?
Jacques

bfde974
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by bfde974 »

Hi there !

I am still looking for a solarmax 90mm etalon filter, the external unit that screws on the front of my 90mm refractor, this is the double stack unit.

But can you tell me more about the 60mm internal etalon you suggest ? Can I use it with my pst stage II mod ?

Thank you !

Brice

piekielrl
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by piekielrl »

Hi Brice, Now I understand what you want. The older MaxScope 90s only had a front-mounted filter as stock, and to double-stack it, you had to screw on an internal etalon to the front of the focuser. That's what I thought you were looking for. Those "internal" etalons are what became standard for the SolarMax 90s, and they used a front-mounted etalon to double-stack them. I'd be willing to sell an internal unit from my Solarmax II 90 which has a rich-view tuner, but it would not be really practical to use with a PST. You're better off getting the actual front-mounted 40mm unit designed specifically for the PST. Just to give you some price comparisons - a front-mount 40mm double-stack etalon sells for about $400 (used) on Astromart or Cloudy Nights. (They come up for sale reasonably often) In the past 8 years, I've seen only ONE internal etalon from a 90 go up for sale, and the guy wanted $2200 for it. It sold almost immediately, as there are very few of these available as a separate unit. If anybody wants one, please contact me!
Bob

bfde974
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by bfde974 »

Hi Bob,

Yes it's the front SM90 filter that I am looking for my 90mm refractor so I can double-stacked it with my 90mm PST mod.

Brice

Valery

Post by Valery »

piekielrl wrote:Hi Brice, Now I understand what you want. The older MaxScope 90s only had a front-mounted filter as stock, and to double-stack it, you had to screw on an internal etalon to the front of the focuser. That's what I thought you were looking for. Those "internal" etalons are what became standard for the SolarMax 90s, and they used a front-mounted etalon to double-stack them. I'd be willing to sell an internal unit from my Solarmax II 90 which has a rich-view tuner, but it would not be really practical to use with a PST. You're better off getting the actual front-mounted 40mm unit designed specifically for the PST. Just to give you some price comparisons - a front-mount 40mm double-stack etalon sells for about $400 (used) on Astromart or Cloudy Nights. (They come up for sale reasonably often) In the past 8 years, I've seen only ONE internal etalon from a 90 go up for sale, and the guy wanted $2200 for it. It sold almost immediately, as there are very few of these available as a separate unit. If anybody wants one, please contact me!
Bob
Hi Bob,

I may be interested in such an "internal" 60mm etalon. But I need to know some more information

1. Some good photos of this unit
2. To know does this unit has collimating lens in front and refocusing lens at it's back?
If yes, what the F/D beam it's native objective has. And what the resulting F/D?

3. What is the bandwide of this etalon? Do you have pictures of the sun taken with this etalon worked as single stack (to estimate it's real band wide)
4. And, how much (minimum)?

You can send me PM via e-mail.

Valery.

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
piekielrl
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by piekielrl »

Hi Valery, Sorry about the late reply. I just saw your posting. The etalon I'm describing is simply the stock unit out of a Coronado SMII 90 scope. Used with a Coronado blocking filter, the manufacturer states a 0.7nm bandwidth. I don't know what the spectral transmission curve of the etalon is all by itself.
email me direct at [email protected] and I will send you photos and other details.
Thanks, Bob

twhite
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by twhite »

OP -- there is a SM90II DS scope on CN for sale right now for US$4400. It is a US sale only, however, and I'm not sure if you're in the US.

http://www.cloudynights.com/classifieds ... tacked-90/