We are now Sponsored by Coronado!

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

We are now Sponsored by Coronado!

Post by solarchat »

After the Lunt debacle and my discontinuing our relationship I was pretty down and uncertain about our future. I won't go into details about the unbelievable responses I got from the German partner at Lunt but suffice it to say, money or not, I withdrew our program from any affiliation with them.

Within a week, Daystar, Celestron and Meade/Coronado had offered sponsorships for what we are doing!

Apparently, they believe in us and find value in our marketing abilities for their products!

So, I am very proud to announce that we are now fully sponsored once again by Rainbow Symphony, Coronado, Celestron and SkywatcherUSA.

Will this affect my equipment recommendations? Uh, yes of course, a little bit :) but rest assured that I will still give my unbiased opinions on any questions asked, as I always have.

Please consider patronizing the people who believe in us and help us survive.

These new sponsorships along with our yearly fundraiser in Sept/Oct would keep us in the black for another year or so. Im very happy and I appreciate your help.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
mattwastell
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: We are now Sponsored by Coronado!

Post by mattwastell »

I am sorry to hear you have been through a rough period - had no idea. I am pleased to hear that there is corporate support for your wonderful programmes - go get em!

Matt Wastell

Look up, look good!

http://www.pbase.com/mattwastell
fjabet
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by fjabet »

I'm very happy to see Coronado again. I always found that they were much superior to Lunt instruments. I hope it is still the case with the new owner !

Valery

Post by Valery »

fjabet wrote:I'm very happy to see Coronado again. I always found that they were much superior to Lunt instruments. I hope it is still the case with the new owner !
And who is the owner of the Coronado now? I knew that it is/was the MEADE Instruments Corp. .

Valery
Last edited by Valery on Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Coronado was founded by Andy Lunt’s father, David. He died in the early 2000s and the compnay was sold to Meade.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Great news about the sponsorship! I've just come back from a week away in the land of no internet and are catching back up on here, so was pleased to see there are now plenty of sponsors for the programme.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
fjabet
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by fjabet »

Meade has been bought by a chinese company in 2013, Jinghua Optics and Electronic. This is the company that created Explore Scientific, and bought back the Meade Europe entity that was the shareholder of Meade.