Coronado SME-60 DS and SMF-60 front etalon/tilters. The same thing?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
c8er
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Coronado SME-60 DS and SMF-60 front etalon/tilters. The same thing?

Post by c8er »

Can anyone here tell me if the SME-60 product that Coronado sell as a Double Stack front mount etalon/tilter as an add-on for the SMII 60 scope, is the same thing as the standalone front mount single stack 60mm Etalon/tilter they sell as product SMF-60 as a combo including a blocking filter to put on non-solar refractors.

I have an SMII 60 DS scope (which includes the SME-60 front etalon/tilter) and I have a 15mm diagonal/blocking filter. I would like to try (with a suitable attachment adapter) using the front mount DS (SME-60) etalon from my SMII 60 on two other non-solar refractors, of course also with the 15mm BF that I already have, but I am not sure if this will work or is safe to use, so I'm trying to work out if the SME-60 Double stack front mount etalon/tilter is the same unit as the etalon/tilt unit part of the SMF-60 standalone from mount etalon/bf combo.

Cheers, and thanks,
Chris Morriss
New Zealand

Solar Ha setup: Daystar Ha Quark, APM 140/980 refractor, Coronado SMII 60 DS BF15, McDougall Solar AutoGuider. Skywatcher ST80, Orion ED 80, WO ZS66 SD, and Nova 102mm f/6.5 achromat refractors.
Other scopes: C8,C11, ES Comet Hunter Mak-Newt, on 10Micron GM1000HPS, Celestron AVX, 8SE, CG-5 and Skywatcher Solarquest mounts.
Cameras: Celestron Neximage Burst Mono, ZWO ASI294MC Pro, AS120MC, ASI174MM, ASI290MC, Canon 60D, Celestron Nightscape CCD
Amit
The Sun?
The Sun?

Re: Coronado SME-60 DS and SMF-60 front etalon/tilters. The same thing?

Post by Amit »

reply is a year late, but Meade confirmed to me an email they will release the first batch in First quarter 2023, after manufacturing was on hold for quite some time.