Wanted: Solarmax 90 mm US made

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Wanted: Solarmax 90 mm US made

Post by hopskipson »

I'm looking for either a made-in-the-US 90mm Solarmax scope or just the etalon(s). I know it's a long shot but If you have one or know someone that has one in decent shape please let me know. Thanks! :D

James
These pretzels are making me thirsty! (C.C.)
The Quark introduced me to this wonderful side of the hobby and the sun hasn’t disappointed yet.
Solar Equipment: Solar Spectrum RG-18 0.3A, Coronado Solarmax 90mm etalon Isle of Man SN-001, Tuscon SN-380 and Meade SM2, Lunt LS80 DS, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 2" wedge, 2-Lunt CaK II 1200, Baader 3.8 and 5.0 solar film in 208mm cells, and 3D printed Sol'Ex SHG, Lunt 40mm
Coming Soon: Solar Spectrum CaK II <1A filter
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Wanted: Solarmax 90 mm US made

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

A fine instrument albeit not cheap from new, but no doubt worth every penny...

Do you have a price range for this (presumably at 2nd-hand rate) ??

Bear in mind that SOLARMAX was taken-over by MEADE who in turn have recently been taken-over by ORION and difficulty might be found for any service or even contact for the SOLARMAX range of scopes (should it be necessary)...

Best Wishes
Terry

hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by hopskipson »

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 12:29 am A fine instrument albeit not cheap from new, but no doubt worth every penny...

Do you have a price range for this (presumably at 2nd-hand rate) ??

Bear in mind that SOLARMAX was taken-over by MEADE who in turn have recently been taken-over by ORION and difficulty might be found for any service or even contact for the SOLARMAX range of scopes (should it be necessary)...

Best Wishes
Terry
Hi Terry

I know the original Solarmax was developed by David Lunt and then sold off to Meade. Meade originally made etalons in the US and then moved production to Mexico and is now owned by Orion. (I have a Solarmax II) . I'm looking for either a pre-Meade or at least US-made scope or etalon. Depending on what it is I guess will dictate price but I realize it won't come cheap. Thanks for the reply!

James
These pretzels are making me thirsty! (C.C.)
The Quark introduced me to this wonderful side of the hobby and the sun hasn’t disappointed yet.
Solar Equipment: Solar Spectrum RG-18 0.3A, Coronado Solarmax 90mm etalon Isle of Man SN-001, Tuscon SN-380 and Meade SM2, Lunt LS80 DS, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 2" wedge, 2-Lunt CaK II 1200, Baader 3.8 and 5.0 solar film in 208mm cells, and 3D printed Sol'Ex SHG, Lunt 40mm
Coming Soon: Solar Spectrum CaK II <1A filter
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

Thanks and Best Wishes on your requirements.

Terry