Hard case for my solar gear

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Hard case for my solar gear

Post by TareqPhoto »

Hi all,

I want to buy a hard case but i don't know what dimensions should i buy, don't tell me which brand because i won't buy Pelican and also i am not in USA to buy Harbor one, i just need the dimensions and than i can find whatever brand matching those.

My solar gear will consist of those following:

1. Antlia Wedge 1.25"
2. Quark Chromosphere Combo [smaller size than the standard one]
3. Maybe Lunt CaK B1200 module in future
4. Maybe Baader or equivalent Wedge Herschel 2" [for white light with my 2" Baader Continuum filter]

I am not including any solar scope here as i don't think i will buy one, and if i buy one ten i will buy a separate case for it that if it didn't come with one actually, so i want a case for just wedges and module, what is a good size do you suggest? I hope it can accommodate those 4 items above with little room for anything extra maybe, and if it is deep enough then i can include accessories beneath such as cables or adapters and such, so am waiting your suggestions please.

Thanks.

JochenM
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Hard case for my solar gear

Post by JochenM »

Most big telescope retailers offer reasonably priced hard cases for storage of accessories. Size-wise, just roughly measure out whatever you want to put in it, compare it to the case dimensions and there you go.

Example below. This is one of the major retailers in my part of the world. Depending on where you live, this might not be directly available to you, but at least gives you an idea.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/pr ... 07-mm.html

Jochen Maes
Belgium
https://www.jochenmaes.com
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

JochenM wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:43 am Most big telescope retailers offer reasonably priced hard cases for storage of accessories. Size-wise, just roughly measure out whatever you want to put in it, compare it to the case dimensions and there you go.

Example below. This is one of the major retailers in my part of the world. Depending on where you live, this might not be directly available to you, but at least gives you an idea.

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/pr ... 07-mm.html
I can measure what i have, but other items i don't have so i can't estimate the total space or dimensions i need, i asked here because i know most of those items are available with members here, at least the two i don't have which are the Baader Wedge and Lunk CaK B1200 module.

JochenM

Post by JochenM »

I own both those items (well, the CaK b1800 instead of 1200). I did a quick rough measure (with a tape measure) for you. Units are centimeters (Length x Width x Height).

Lunt Cak: 15x5x10
Baader: 12x6.5x14

PS: The Baader Wedge comes in a small hard case of its own (with some additional ND filters).

Hope this helps.

Jochen Maes
Belgium
https://www.jochenmaes.com
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

JochenM wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:19 am I own both those items (well, the CaK b1800 instead of 1200). I did a quick rough measure (with a tape measure) for you. Units are centimeters (Length x Width x Height).

Lunt Cak: 15x5x10
Baader: 12x6.5x14

PS: The Baader Wedge comes in a small hard case of its own (with some additional ND filters).

Hope this helps.
Cool, thank you very much for those measurements, it will help me to calculate the estimated size i need. :) :thumbsup:

Well, my Quark came with that plastic twist box, i can keep using that if i want, and if the Baader wedge coming with its small hard case, then imagine each tool is into their own cases or boxes, i might feel lost if i can't find one of them, so i wanted to have them all into one place say one case so i know that it is belong to solar imaging/visual setup, this way i don't need to search around for each when needed.