Cleaning tools

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Cleaning tools

Post by TareqPhoto »

Hi all again,

I ordered this kit for cleaning to use for cleaning of course, not only solar by any imaging, not sure if this kit is any good, what do you think?

https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B086G5 ... UTF8&psc=1

I have it delivered to me yesterday, i didn't open or checked it out yet, but i don't know what is the different between two cloths included.

Also, which tool do you think i will use more, the blower or the pen or wipes and cloth?

Anything else to add? Or anything i should change?

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Cleaning tools

Post by Montana »

The bulb blower is the most used and most useful, I use it nearly every session. I tried the pens once and put more junk on my chip than I got off. I use a very soft sable artists paint brush for soft strokes instead.

Alexandra

TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

Montana wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:32 am The bulb blower is the most used and most useful, I use it nearly every session. I tried the pens once and put more junk on my chip than I got off. I use a very soft sable artists paint brush for soft strokes instead.

Alexandra
That very soft sable artists paint brush is a very good idea, smart from you Alexandra, i had those brushes but not very soft for cleaning something else, maybe i should try to find something very soft so i can use it for cleaning optics and glasses and cameras as well, thank you.

Tareq

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

It will be a useful kit to have. I use a bulb blower and a DSLR cleaning kit - drip and wipes.

I've found keeping changing the nosepeice on the camera makes for bunnies. If is not taken on and off I rarely get debris on the camera chip. I think they are fines from the thread of the camera and nosepeice.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

marktownley wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:02 am It will be a useful kit to have. I use a bulb blower and a DSLR cleaning kit - drip and wipes.

I've found keeping changing the nosepeice on the camera makes for bunnies. If is not taken on and off I rarely get debris on the camera chip. I think they are fines from the thread of the camera and nosepeice.
Which means a forever/lifetime cleaning!

alpenglow
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by alpenglow »

I bought this blow bulb recently and I use it on all my scopes, eyepieces lenses. The air intake valve is filtered and separate from the exit. The tip is soft as is the bulb so the air pressure is higher than my cheaper bulbs. Because the bulb is weighted it's always pointing up and doesn't roll away.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962126289.html

TareqPhoto
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by TareqPhoto »

alpenglow wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:21 am I bought this blow bulb recently and I use it on all my scopes, eyepieces lenses. The air intake valve is filtered and separate from the exit. The tip is soft as is the bulb so the air pressure is higher than my cheaper bulbs. Because the bulb is weighted it's always pointing up and doesn't roll away.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32962126289.html
Nice one!

I also ordered this blower as a second choice [which is yet to arrive and i am waiting] to see which one will serve me better, i can't tell which one will be good, i placed like 4 or 5 different air bulb blowers just to see if one can do the job better or one might have an issue so i won't return, i don't know what should a good air blower be or have, i can't buy 10 and compare them all, and everyone will come with a choice and say it is the best they used or bought.

https://www.amazon.ae/gp/product/B08PC3 ... UTF8&psc=1

I was actually planning to go with that Player One blower, but i didn't want to order very few items and pay for shipping that much, not worth it, i have to order enough several items, so i ended up to order two from local online store, those above ones.