For Sale: Lunt LS50 DS with FTF

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
nicosolcy
Almost There...
Almost There...

For Sale: Lunt LS50 DS with FTF

Post by nicosolcy »

Well, I did receive the Lunt 50 LS and the views are fantastic through it as the DS module makes a huge difference. But, over the course of waiting for this scope, I fell in love with white light imaging and want to stick with that (weather permitting - it's so hot out there I can't even do my early morning imaging at the office as my boss would not appreciate an overtly sweaty employee showing up for work).

I was planning on a different direction (moving out of town, fitting a large scope and this one on a mount and enjoying high res imaging and full disks through obsy), but health problems in the family made me decide to cancel moving out of town and sticking close to family to care for them. While it may sound stupid, I am not interested in imaging with this scope sans obsy and would prefer sticking to my WL imaging which is easier and faster (and I love sunspots)

Scope is in mint condition except for a small scratch on the red paint of the DS module (about 2 cm, thin as a hair, came like that and it's nothing I would consider raising a fuss about). Although used only 4-5 times, views are lovely in Ha (yes, I do have previous experience with Ha scopes to judge) and the DS module raises contrast and details of views significantly. Tested with a spare 8-24 zoom I had handy, plus my Pentax Zoom.

Quite large sweet spot and the DS module is perfectly mated, meaning just a little tilt is required to keep the "main" disk in view and it tunes just great without having to first remove the DS module, tune it and then fit the DS module on.

If you want a scope ready to go, this is it, as these are out of stock with long lead times. So, for sale:

- Lunt LS50 Tilt Tuned solar scope with BF600
- Lunt LS50C Double Stuck module
- Tele Vue Sol Searcher
- Adapter for, and 1.25" single speed Feather Touch Focuser (and original focuser as well)
- 1.25" Clicklock (and original 1.25" adapter)
- William Optics Vixen dovetail
- Original boxes for scope and double stack module
- Spare blue filter
- Spare O-ring
- Spare grease for pressure tuner

Asking price here is EUR 2,300 including all fees and insured shipping with tracking and is not negotiable. Price new (excluding shipping) is EUR 3,350 plus change, so instant availability at a discount of 30%.

UK residents are subject to VAT and import duties so unless you plan to come to Cyprus for vacation and want to pick up the scope, the only reason for buying this would be immediate delivery at a discount of 5% as opposed to a 3 month wait.
Attachments
IMG_5097.jpg
IMG_5097.jpg (4.09 MiB) Viewed 1653 times

Nick
---------------------------------------------------------------
Photosphere Junkie!
Borg 77 EDII f.6.6 (510mm), APM Herschel Wedge (Baader ND1.8)
Lunt 40mm SS FTF
ZWO ASI183MM, SW SolarQuest Mount
Baader Solar Continuum 540.0nm (FWHM 7.5) / Altair G-Band 430.3nm (FWHM 2nm) / Antlia K-Line 393.3nm (FWHM 3nm)
Ivan
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: For Sale: Lunt LS50 DS with FTF

Post by Ivan »

Hi Nick,
Is delivery to Russia possible?
Ivan

nicosolcy
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by nicosolcy »

Доброе утро Иван!

I do not know if it is possible with the current situation, but anyway I decided to keep the scope and try a bit of imaging with it, and now expecting delivery of the TS branded variant of Player One IMX178MM camera to play with. It has in-build tilt adjustment and once I find the sweet spot of the scope it should work well for full disks.

If after playing with it I decide I am not keen on Ha, I'll contact you and if you are still interested, I'll research options for shipping to Russia. Just dropping here the first image I took with the scope, which I ran through AS3! and then played with it on my iPhone. Serves to show the scope has good etalons, despite my focus not being perfect and despite tilt.
Attachments
SOL 2022.06.18 - Ha.jpg
SOL 2022.06.18 - Ha.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 1520 times
Last edited by nicosolcy on Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nick
Photosphere Junkie!
Lunt 40mm SS FTF
Baader Solar Continuum 540.0nm (FWHM 7.5) / Altair G-Band 430.3nm (FWHM 2nm) / Antlia K-Line 393.3nm (FWHM 3nm)
Ivan

Post by Ivan »

Hi Nick!

It was nice to read russian text.
Great shot and a great solution. Good luck! Whatever decision you make.

I forgot to congratulate you on the wonderful transit of the ISS and the well-deserved SPoD!

Ivan

nicosolcy
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by nicosolcy »

Cheers Ivan,

Stupid me, I stayed off the site due to personal reasons and I missed that I made SPoD!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick
Photosphere Junkie!
Lunt 40mm SS FTF