Our sunlit earth - ? the end

Lets brighten up peoples live with all those lovely pictures of the world around us!

Moderator: Montana

Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Our sunlit earth - ? the end

Post by Radon86 »

Hi All,
I am not sure if this will be acceptable to this forum. I came across a very interesting, maybe controversial book: by Henry Gee (2021) - A (very) short history of life on earth.
This is near the end of the book, it predicts bad things for us, do you agree ?

It puts the ïnflation and cost of living problem into perspective, although I am sure no one will look at it like this book says.

Magnus
IMG_4659-PS-warp.jpg
IMG_4659-PS-warp.jpg (518.58 KiB) Viewed 1017 times

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Our sunlit earth - ? the end

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

HI MAGNUS,
WHETHER THE INCLUSION OF THAT PART OF THE BOOK IS ACCEPTABLE OR OTHERWISE ON SOLARCHAT IS ONE THING, BUT WITH THE PLETHORA OF NUCLEAR-WEAPONS AND NUCLEAR-RISKS CURRENTLY, NOW BEING DEVELOPED OR CURRENTLY AVAILABLE BY UNDESIRABLE NATIONS - WAS NOT INCLUSIVE IN THE PAGES SHOWN, WHICH COULD CERTAINLY CHANGE THE SCENARIOUS ACTUALLY MENTIONED.

BUT IN ANY CASE, THIS ENTERS THE REALMS OIF POLITICS - WHICH ARE NOT SUITABLE (OR ALLOWED) - ON SOLARCHAT...

CHEERS
TERRY

Radon86
Almost There...
Almost There...

Post by Radon86 »

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:11 pm HI MAGNUS,
WHETHER THE INCLUSION OF THAT PART OF THE BOOK IS ACCEPTABLE OR OTHERWISE ON SOLARCHAT IS ONE THING, BUT WITH THE PLETHORA OF NUCLEAR-WEAPONS AND NUCLEAR-RISKS CURRENTLY, NOW BEING DEVELOPED OR CURRENTLY AVAILABLE BY UNDESIRABLE NATIONS - WAS NOT INCLUSIVE IN THE PAGES SHOWN, WHICH COULD CERTAINLY CHANGE THE SCENARIOUS ACTUALLY MENTIONED.

BUT IN ANY CASE, THIS ENTERS THE REALMS OIF POLITICS - WHICH ARE NOT SUITABLE (OR ALLOWED) - ON SOLARCHAT...

CHEERS
TERRY
Dear Terry,

Apologies, please remove the post so I do not have to deal with this again.

Again, sorry.

Magnus

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

THANK YOU MAGNUS FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

I CANNOT PERSONALLY REMOVE THE POST AS THAT IS DOWN TO THE SOLARCHAT MODERATORS - WITH NO PROBLEMS,,

REGARDS
TERRY

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

That's a bleak outlook Magnus, but one thing we can be assured of is that the Earth will be sunlit for as long as our star shines, regardless of what humans get up to on this fragile rock. Whatever happens to us will be well deserved.

Alexandra